End of an Era, The EA-6B Prowler is slated for retirement.

As the title says, this is it for the EA-6B Prowler. This aircraft has been providing support longer than I’ve been alive (36 is creeping up on me in a few weeks but that’s another story). A ceremony was held today and the last flight is planned sometime in the middle of this month. Some aircraft will be heading to “the boneyard” in Tucson, Arizona and others are likely heading to air museums in Texas and The Smithsonian. I’ll tip my cap to those that previously served, are serving or plan to serve. I seen this aircraft for the first time in the late 80’s when my mom took me to visit military family. Back then it didn’t seem real odd looking to me but then again, when you’re not even a teenager yet and your hear jet engines and smell jet fuel it’s hard to focus on aesthetic flaws or weirdness. The Marine Corps are moving toward more service from its tactical drones and stealth fighters such as the F-35.

Image Credits to: TSGT Cecil D Daw Jr, USAF

I’ve attached the article if you’re into military aviation news. Thanks for reading.

EA-6B Prowler over 40 years of service!

17 Likes

First the Tornado and now this, while I’m not too familiar with this jet I gather it’s holds a special place in the heart of many Americans like the iconic Tornado Jet did for us. I would say that this has a cool design, it’s not like the stuff we see nowadays. I like it! 😎

1 Like

Just to be clear, we’re not talking about the E6-B flight computer here?

1 Like

Haha, Damian said the same thing 😂

3 Likes

I wish the E6B computer was going away, those still give me nightmares

3 Likes

I always liked how the Prowler looked.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.