End of an era as Bombardier sells regional jet program to Japan’s Mitsubishi...

Mitsubishi is to pay $550 million and assume $200 million in liabilities - quite the chunk of change…

I think it’s quite unfortunate that bombardier has resorted to selling off the crj line… the real question is whether Mitsubishi will maintain the styling and design of the line. Only time will tell I guess.

36 Likes

So is bombardier only in charge of their business program now?

2 Likes

Why??? I love Bombardier, so why are they doing this? 😥

1 Like

What, first the CS Series and now this? They must be in masses of financial difficulties.

4 Likes

A sad ending but rather predictable, for all those highly qualified employees. The new owners are likely cashing in big time though.

So my question is where will the aircraft likely be produced now? Likely somewhere in one of Mitsubishi’s aircraft facilities in Japan or what not?

2 Likes

They’ve been in a difficult financial situation for awhile now hence airbus getting their Cseries. Though I don’t think honestly this will affect bombardier much given that orders for the CRJ are diminishing even though they launch another variant. Too bad too, they had lots of potential in commercial aircraft.

1 Like

No pls😩 that’s almost all of Canada Aircraft Manufacturing gone😫 well at least the dash family stays in Canada🤧 I upset

4 Likes

Wow, I didn’t realize Bombardier was in this much trouble. Goodbye, Bombardier…

2 Likes

Wow, I hope they don’t go fully defunct. I was lucky I flew on their CRJ200 and CRJ900 (both on American Airlines subsidiaries Air Wisconsin and PSA airlines respectively).

Fun little planes.

1 Like

They’ll still have private jets, but it’s sad that this is happening. Canada is renowned for the expertise they have in aviation and this happens. Specifically after they “sold” the C-Serie lineup.

2 Likes

Bombardier is my favourite manufacturing company. Their most worked on aircraft got brought off them, and there was nothing they could do. At least they still own trains across the UK and Europe. They are amazing trains.

1 Like

Well they produce train for the underground subway of Montreal. Pius it would be one of the worst decisions if bombardier decided to move away from aviation.

Quick question, are you from Canada?

2 Likes

Noooooo!!! I don’t see why Bombardier is doing this though, the CRJ’s are the majority of their production. 😭😭😭

1 Like

I know. I was surprised and sad when I learned that they were selling the CRJ.

They didn’t say they were going to move away from aviation, only it would be a bad decision.

They are having financial problems

2 Likes

Man it’s official! This honestly sucks as the only jet program they have it private and corporate jets, which are still fine, but I love to see the commercial jets.

They sold the Q400 program
They changed the CS-Series to A220
Now the CRJ is being sold

This makes a frown on my face :(

2 Likes

I wish… I want to move to Vancouver and work as a pilot for Air Canada when I’m older. I’m visiting Toronto and Calgary this year, which is eny I am hosting 2 events, one at CYVR, and the other at CYYC.

I live in Southern England.

2 Likes

They really don’t have an option on leaving aviation, well with exception to their business jets. I can see them returning in the future but honestly not in the short term. They’re not doing so hot in public transit transportation as well they’ve been disappointing some if their customers with delays and mechanical problems.

2 Likes

Here in England their trains rule our transport system.

3 Likes

Good for me since I’m Japanese

Go Japan I guess🇯🇵

I see why everyone hates the decision though

2 Likes

I do support Bombardier but everytime they screw up I just face palm.

2 Likes