Emirates Will Start Daily Service To FLL

From December 15th, Emirates will start daily service to FLL.
http://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-to-launch-new-daily-service-to-fort-lauderdale

15 Likes

FLL has definitely seen an influx in international service in the past couple of years. I think that Emirates made a good decision by adding FLL. It will help out the south Florida market by increasing tourism.

Any reason why they chose FLL over MIA?

3 Likes

At least I get to see a 777 everyday

4 Likes

Discovery channel narration “A happy nismo is seen prancing with his new high quality camera at KFLL taking too many pictures to count of a 777”

In all seriousness excited to see Emirates make there way to Florida maybe KMCO can get a couple more flights too

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense although it sound like what i’m going to be doing.

Quick lesson: Nismo is Nissan’s performance team. So for now, i’m just going to say a nismo is a happy Planespotter.

1 Like

Why tho? I don’t think they need to increase service at MCO.

Seeing few more plane wouldn’t hurt to watch ;)

Probably because MIA is a fortress hub for American and the Legacy carriers dont like the ME3 from stepping on their turf. Only Qatar flies out of MIA for the Middle East. MIA also has a lack of large gate space and most are shared by OneWorld airlines.

3 Likes

It would for ATC. The rate of Go Arounds would go up a bit.

I agree with you on that but unless a whole lot of people feel like going to Disney, it probably won’t happen.

Lol I know I wasn’t saying it from a business stand point as its a good reason but just I would like to see another heavy at Orlando :)

Yup this is “old news” and i booked a flight on the second day they start service from FLL. Have exams on the 15th :)

1 Like

Also landing and gate fees might be cheaper than MIA due to the size and amount of traffic at FLL

Should be a good investment of aircraft for Emirates. Will they just use 777s?

They shall be utilising a B777-200LR on the route , but will probably up this to a B777-300ER in the future …

1 Like

Then an A380 eventually I imagine

1 Like

KFLL is not A380 airport

Not at the moment. But emirates has a lot of money I wouldn’t me surprised if in 10 years it is an A380 airport with Emirates flying there

Two, BA are starting services as well.

I guess more Airlines from across the Atlantic will start coming.