Emirates Will Now Come to Your Home and Check You In!

Wow! This is insane. It’s crazy how much society has changed! This is amazing. Emirates has created a new service running at about 350 dirhams/ $95 that actually gets a human very involved by sending that human to meet you and check in for you with its “Home Check-In” service, which it launched on April 25.

How does it work: Request the service up to 12 hours before your flight, and an Emirates employee will meet you at your preferred location between seven and 48 hours prior to departure. They will meet you anywhere with the exception that is must be in Dubai. You also have to be flying Emirates out of Dubai Internation Airport (DXB/OMDB) After, they’ll check you in, weigh and tag your bags, hand you your boarding pass, and then take your luggage to the airport via dedicated, secure vans. All that’s left to do is grab your passport and go! I was impressed by this and will for sure use this service when I visit Dubai for the second time!

14 Likes

This is a neat idea, good on Emirates! But I’m a little concerned about the safety of the visiting employees - what if something goes wrong? You can’t always trust a complete stranger…

What could go wrong?

6 Likes

Why is this even a thing? What is the point? I swear this airline does so many things that are unnecessary.

4 Likes

Wait, I’m expected to live off the land for 48 hours since my luggage is gone?

Idea is interesting, but for $95, I’d have a nice meal and just grab a taxi to the airport. It’s not worth having all your items gone early and as others have said, risk something going wrong. If an airline can lose baggage AFTER you’ve handed it to them at the airport, I wouldn’t trust them with this extra step…

tfw you lose your luggage after paying Emirates an extra $95

4 Likes

Totally agree! They should probably include a safety procedure for this idea!

Of course it’s something a little overboard but I think they’re trying to make their airline the best out of all and trying to make it very easy and futuristic!

Well it depends. Maybe you have a big family! What if you have kids and you don’t want to be holding all the luggage? There’re many scenarios in which this service would be useful.

1 Like

To be honest this seems to be a business move for them to show their patrons that they will be there for the entire experience providing services and such from one party rather than having to utilize multiple or third party services. It’s a gesture to client commitment and exceptional service in my opinion.

This could be compared to an automobile manufacturer offering services during scheduled a maintenance in which they provide courtesies such as a comparable vehicle, customer pick up and accommodations. Just my take on this.

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s a great example! They’re trying to complete the entire experience that they offer!

True! As with every decision, I’m sure they did some research and found there was a sizable market, or it’s just another one of their weird decisions. I wouldn’t mind trying it out if I was in Dubai though!

1 Like

I guess. To me it just seems so extra. A car is something we use on a day to day basis so compensating the person while the car is getting fixed makes sense. I just dont see what practical use having people come to your door to check it has.

1 Like

Like I said, every family has a different sort of scenario. For instance, in your case if you have a small family you can drive but if you have a big family and you’re taking a lot of luggage, you would have to come up with an Uber, and what if all the luggage doesn’t fit in the Uber. This service would be great for people with big families traveling!

They do it because their are people willing to pay anyprice to relax n enjoy

1 Like

It’s for people who don’t wanna spend so much time at the airport to get passports.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of any airline doing this, so it will be interesting to see what happens with Emirates providing this service.

1 Like

This can be very beneficial to people for whom money isn’t exactly a concern and don’t want to bother waiting in queues at the airport. Bearing in mind that Dubai Int’l is one of the busiest airports in the world, the queues can get pretty long sometimes even though there are counters left, right and center plus self check-in counters and smart-gates. This can also be helpful to people during peak seasons of air travel in Dubai, namely July and August. All in all, I see how this can be of benefit to a lot of people, just a matter of seeing how many people are willing to fork out $95 to get the extra offer of convenience. Also, from a lot of travelling experience in Dubai Int’l, I wouldn’t exactly be concerned about the security of the baggages.

2 Likes

Totally agree! Great response!

why can’t people just do online check-in

1 Like

With online check in you still have to collect bags. Online check in only gives you your boarding pass. If you have heavy luggage, services like this are useful with online check in.

1 Like

Hey, this is Emirates, they want to make your experience convenient. These guys even have showers on their A380s. Yes, this is unnecessary in a way, but it’s a lot more of that “Thank God for Emirates taking my luggage to the aircraft, and not me!” manner with Emirates.

1 Like