Emirates A380 (New Livery) 1st time at SFO

In October this year I went to Dubai and was hoping to catch one of the new livery Emirates A380’s but had no luck (I did see the 777 though). However, I recorded my takeoff from my flight to Singapore and when playing it back I realized we actually passed one and I didn’t see it! Anyways after some browsing on Flightradar24 I was so excited to discover that ONE of the usual A380’s that fly into SFO was JUST repainted—which meant I had another chance to see a new livery A380 (at least before my next trip to Dubai)

A6-EVG, a 5-yr old A380-842, was repainted in October in Emirates’ new livery. It is one of around 20 A380’s with the 4 Class Ultra-long haul configuration (First, Business, Premium, Economy) that are assigned & able to fly the service to SFO, but the only one with the new livery!

With the help of Flightradar24 notifications (but mostly manually checking lol) I tracked this A380 everyday since October 14, and FINALLY saw it assigned to EK225, DXB-SFO.

So I got my camera ready (even knowing I need to upgrade this Sony 70-200 to the 200-600), and was able to catch its landing during my lunch break.

As this was on my lunch break, I had to be pretty quick so couldn’t set up a more interesting vantage (difficult anyways at SFO). The cloud cover was thick, so that made editing hard too.

But anyways hope you guys enjoy, and hope this livery will be available when the reworked A380 is released 😉.

Other fun facts:

• It was the first time the new livery flew into California
  • A6-EVG was displayed on the ground at the 2023 Dubai Air Show in November
  • A6-EVG was also painted in the UAE 50th Anniversary livery before
20 Likes

Nice pictures and great update & info!

1 Like

Nice picture!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.