Emirates A380 De-iced and Ready to go! @CYYZ

Hey IFC! Was doing some plane spotting at CYYZ today, and the weather wasn’t exactly blue skies. Snow was falling so all aircraft were being de-iced as a precaution. I figured this was a really good opportunity to get some unique shots of the green fluorescent wings! My timing was great, and managed to catch this beast. These pictures aren’t insane quality, as i’m only using a iPhone, but still figured i’d share these unique shots. As always, click on each photo for better quality. Enjoy!

Emirates A380-861 | CYYZ/ YYZ - OMDB/ DXB | Registration A6-EUJ | Time of Departure 19:36Z

27 Likes

Great Photos! Gotta admit, those wings look like they are factory fresh in the green scheme.

2 Likes

Wait… an IPhone?
It has more zoom than my 18-55 lol

2 Likes

Green monster

2 Likes

iPhone 8’s have surprisingly nice quality and zoom.

1 Like

I see that every morning at Jane and Wilson! I’ll see if I can spot it with an actual camera next time!

1 Like

Such a beauty. You can get some good shots if your timing is good on the 410 aswell ;)

1 Like

Great shots! That spot at 06L is pretty sick

1 Like

Favourite spot at CYYZ. Park on the hill, sit back, and watch. Thanks!

1 Like

Such a unique picture!! With the flourscent the wings looks sooooo cool 🤩

At first I was like, have I gine color blind, how are the flaps and slats green? Then I read the main post and was like ohhh haha my eyes are still good… 😂 sort of… not vision wise but color is spot on 😎

1 Like

Yeah, the main reason I went out today was for the de-icing, figured it would be a unique opportunity to get some cool shots. Tbh, I think the green goes well with the emirates livery, not so well with others…

1 Like

Yeah the green definetely fit the livery of EK. Hence why the green bubble spot thing variant of their 2020 Expo livery is my favorite of the three colors available 😍

1 Like

CYYZ is such an underrated airport. Maybe we can create an event there one day!

1 Like

What outstanding photos! Always love being up close and personal with the jumbos! Sadly, I don’t have an airport near me that flies in these beasts, but I love it when I go to LA. Always head to LAX to spot. May head up to Vancouver one of these days! Anyways, amazing shots. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.