Emergency?

2 days ago during the New Zealand fly-out I was flying from Dubai to Auckland.
approach on Auckland told me to do left turns so I kept doing left turns when I heard a pilot declare an emergency
“emergency landing low fuel 11 minutes left”

My question is how did he declare an emergency.
I even checked to see maybe they added it but I didn’t see anything that said emergency.

Hope you guys help me HUGE LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!

5 Likes

it appears just when you have 5% fuel left in your tanks, I think it might depend on the airplane and on your weight as well, but yeah that’s pretty much it, it does not appear always

1 Like

Yeah it appears at 5% but you must be flying for over an hour

3 Likes

I was in said holding pattern for a few minutes and when I got out of it thats when I heard this message, you can declare emergency but your fuel level has to be 5% or under and you have to be flying over an hour

1 Like

I was flying for 16 hrs but thank you I understand now!

Strange i will do research

1 Like

Was it a Etihad A330-200F
If it is
It was me 🙂, my was a cargo flight and we was heavy on that day . I only kept just 40 minutes extra fuel but approach to Auckland was busy as hell . I was kept on circling maybe for 25 min I think. For god’s grace I only requested emergency on final approach to runway and they gave me priorities .
This was my first emergency case
Mine case was minimum fuel 28 min

But successfully landed ,I didn’t have a option to go around because that would burn my fuel and I would end up somewhere in the land . So had bit tension while on approach setting flaps and speed precisely so I don’t have to have a go around

9 Likes

im saying he declared an emergency because he was flying for an hour and had less than 5% fuel not you

wow glad you landed hopefully infinite flight can add more kinds of emergencies

1 Like

Yea ,but there’s a chance for misusing it . User would create scenarios a lot . Think of 10 users declaring engine fire emergency at a busy approach. It’s a scenario which doesn’t occur in daily life maybe

3 Likes

yes good point but i mean only at exspert sever is when you get it

1 Like

Contrary to popular belief, the majority of expert server pilots are just as bad as training server pilots.

3 Likes

This is more true than most people realize. I’ve had more people cut me off on final on expert w/out ATC presence than on training.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.