Emergency

I was controlling OMDB on the training server and someone said emergency 25 minutes of fuel remaining. How did he do that?

1 Like

It’s strange…

Is it even possible?

There’s a command in the ATC communication box that will appear after a user has at least been flying for an hour and it enables a user to announce that they have minimum fuel or emergency fuel to the ATC so they can expedite their landing etc etc.

6 Likes

But isn’t that only for Expert?

1 Like

Yes it is… So it’s strange.

It did once happen to me on training though.

1 Like

If you have less than 30 minutes of fuel left, it will automatically pop up in the pilots atc menu to let the controller know

That sounds interesting. Most probably a small bug and he had the option to say it!

1 Like

Are you all sure it’s just on expert? I’ve experienced it on TS multiple times in the past.

It happened to me 2 weeks ago when I was in a Swiss A319 and I did not have enough fuel and I got the command to tell ATC about my issue.

There is a specific set of (undocumented) criteria that you need to meet before the fuel emergency command can be used. This is needed to prevent abuse of the command and only allows it on true emergencies.

1 Like

It happened to me on casual, I flew 3hrs and had 3mins of fuel left. It’s pretty rare, but it happens.

I do this often and you can do it on any server. You have to have been flying for a while and be running out of fuel for the option to be available. Its available for approach, tower and unicom. I’ve had some interesting replies including “expect no undue delay” on approach and “divert to nearest alternative airfield” after tower sent me around and couldn’t fit me back in with my 8 minutes left

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature of the game, that you’re frankly not supposed to experience if you do it right…

1 Like

Hmm I thought you canning use on training. What I saw

1 Like

Well I thought that too, but given what that a mod responded, clearly it’s not an issue with the game…

1 Like

I didn’t read that. Only saw your comment. Apologies

1 Like

None needed, I was slightly confused myself when I first saw this…

2 Likes

Thanks for the information everyone! Really appreciate it

1 Like