Emergency situations?

For the release of global flight and what people are speculating I think that we will possibly
be seeing “in the near future” emergency situations.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

There may be a possibility that I think you’ll be able to declare an emergency related to fuel loss.

1 Like

Yeah maybe even engine fires. I think it would be real cool to have a landing gear stuck down. Things like that would be awesome to see in infinite flight.

1 Like

I hope there’s a chance for engines to shut down mid flight.

5 Likes

Once again, I doubt there would be emergencies. Firstly, ts1 would be chaos with all the maday and pan calls. It’s also a pretty gimmicky gesture.

I don’t really want to see them, or maybe in solo only.

6 Likes

Failures will never be added, this is Infinite Flight, after all.

4 Likes

Same, I would prefer them in solo only or in a seperate server like casual, that permits emergencies (could be added into casual too)

3 Likes

That’s a nice idea.

2 Likes

They could be added as missions.

1 Like

You all are right it would be wired but if it happened rarely it would make the game more realistic.

1 Like

Perhaps I am the devil’s advocate but I don’t really enjoy this idea on a multiplayer sim… IF it’s controlled by the pilot. I can see already people will be declaring emergencies left and right, especially immediately following its release thus causing huge issues for air traffic for people such as myself who just want to enjoy flying and normal ATC communication. If it was randomly generated, perhaps the idea would be more appropriate. What I mean by this is that the pilot has no say in if he/she will experience a failure or emergency AND IF, the odds of a failure are really small. If you want to experience practice for failures, feel free to be able to set them in solo flight or something like that. I just think that adding system failures into the game will be a large detriment to the overall realism to the game given the maturity level of some people in the servers and as a result we will actually regress as a collective because life as a controller would be hectic. Just an opposing thought.

2 Likes

Do you know that for a fact or is this just the usual FUD which is so prevalent around here?

2 Likes

Good idea and maybe it would only be on advanced.

1 Like

Also a viable solution. Implement the random failure generator and advanced server for pilots to always be aware of possible challenges and the importance of having actual skills with your aircraft versus using AP 24/7

2 Likes

I’m not sure what this is so I’ll give you some advice.

• If this is a feature request, please wait until you are TL2 and can post in #features
  • If this is a tracking thread, this isn’t needed as there’s already firstly so many posts on global, and secondly so many on emergencies.
  • This is a duplicate, so please search before posting
4 Likes

I think it would be great to have random failures if you enable them, like engine failure, gear failure and much more…😀👍

1 Like

Even if this was added, it would be an extremely small chance of you having one if they make it real, I wouldn’t want to constantly get engine failures over the Atlantic.

3 Likes