Emergency scenario

Hey guys,
Good day
I was controlling approach of London Heathrow in training server, then I encountered one aircraft with emergency low on fuel…I tried to give excellent service to that aircraft but that was not 100% I have given…I wanted every departure to be stopped, but I found no such commands that can allow me to contact tower controller to hold every aircraft for departure…may be I’m not familiar with such commands, please tell me if there is any.

Unfortunately you can’t stop all traffic. There’s no specific command for it I’m afraid. On expert server we can do gate holds but we don’t use that for emergencies in the airspace.

4 Likes

On approach, you can work traffic around so that your emergency gets priority but other than that, once you get them on final and to tower, your work is done. It is up to the tower controller to avoid a go around

4 Likes

But emergency aircraft should be prioritised, I can work on to arrival traffic, but departures should also be stopped for a while

1 Like

Nope. It’s not everyone else’s fault that the pilot didn’t load enough fuel. Again, working the arrival in is fine but delaying the whole airport over a fuel emergency might not be the best idea

1 Like

When there is an emergency the airspace is halted in real life but this is a sim and there are many other players. Its up to ATC to prioritise them and keep everyone happy :)

Cign :)

1 Like

You are a good controller. Expert controllers, they just tell you go away or follow instructions

1 Like

I mean… He’s on the training server, where you don’t have authoritative commands like that…

1 Like

Nope they prioritise you where possible its tricky in a busy airspace. ATC are human. Your fault for not packing enough fuel.

Cign :)

2 Likes

yes my fault. Maybe in real life a pilot has a fault. ATC will tell him to go away and crash?

1 Like

good ATC knows how to solve future problems not blame who is in the past

1 Like

Yeah I agree this is a sim but main aim to add ATC to the sim is to teach flyers how things work in real life and make them familiar with all Air rules and Regulations.

Sorry I dont quite understand your point. Real life and sims are a lot different. You cant compare. IFATC try to keep the most people happy (Utilitarianism)

No buddy, we can’t blame IFATC expert ATC controller, I believe they have to tackle big no of aircraft simultaneously…may be you encountered some very very busy controller who was busy with others so he or she just told you to follow instructions or whatever.

2 Likes

Think:

A airport has 250 inbounds and the Approach controller is handling 50 inbounds. A aircraft calls in emergency. There is still over 15 aircraft ahead and he’s not going to make it.

Isn’t it better to divert him instead?

Usually ATC will try to get them in ASAP when possible.

1 Like

No I think it is not better, if there is one big airport and 200 miles around only has tiny grass land a big plane cannot land

“usually” = never because I always experience, the controllers they are too lazy, think it is inconvenient to move everyone out of my way, so they say, oh just go away

1 Like

You mean too busy 😉

2 Likes

no i mean too lazy

1 Like

Why not join IFATC and experience it for yourself then? :)

After all, it isn’t the Controllers fault that the pilot crashed etc. It’s the Pilots fault for not packing enough fuel.

As mentioned, IFATC are trained and they will try their best to get you in.

3 Likes

“trained”, do not use this for your excuse.
People trained to drive but they still crash.
Sometimes there is illegal people do not have license but drive, and they do not crash.

Trained means more times, almost always controller knows better.
Very little times, pilot who is not trained to do ATC knows better than controller.

1 Like