Emergency communication with ATC

I may be repeating some of the other posts, I apologise if I do so. I would like to know if there’s a possibility of adding an emergency ATC command- i.e, if there’s a mayday situation where the aircraft is damaged or a motor failure , contacting ATC or SOCAL approach for immediate clearance to land would give a more realistic sense to the game, in my view. Would that be possible?

Also, landing on water in extreme cases, and sending emergency call out and having a team on ground to search and help this would create missions for players, would that be possible?

Lastly, if we implemented passenger boarding time with actual cars and airport assistance, and actually having terminals on each airport would that be possible as well?

These are a bit too demanding, and I know it may take some time, but these are a bit of my ideas…

Sorry for the long text!!
Thank you

50 Likes

How big aircraft damage you talking about and what motor failure? chauffeur Service, checkin, overweight luggage, Terminal announcement, duty-free shops the possibilities endless. Hope Dev team take this onboard 😎

6 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking of any aircraft to be honest. However, these occurrences would only happen once in a while like any other real flight, there’s always a risk. I would like to actually have 3D terminals with actually bays where planes could park and load their passagers (this could only take 1min max). Motor failure for me is when the engines turn off during flight or something happens to the aircraft.
😄lets hope they take it on board!

1 Like

It will the most misused command then :P

24 Likes

Maybe you could only send out a MayDay when you are experiencing a random-server generated emergency :smile:

15 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Maybe you may have misunderstood what I wrote, if we want this game to be realistic then it needs to have risks like any real flight! That was an example.
Furthermore, if you read all of it I also requested better terminals and airport service.

3 Likes

I’m sure this is on the Devs wish list…Implementing something like this is a totally different matter though! @captain_santos
Cheers😉

2 Likes

1 Like

How do I get on an event

1 Like

Just turn up! :)
Or join a group that does events! :)

I like the ideas, but personally I would to see more dynamic weather (e.g. clouds) than scenery.

11 Likes

1 Like

Wouldn’t that also happen with terminals and baggage cars? Technology always gets better so we always have new capabilities with IF.

2 Likes

@divebuddha @Henrik_B I think that dynamic weather will be on the devs wishlist too. They’ve said a better weather system and better scenery are in the pipeline, but obviously it’s all about being able to effectively render these things in a mobile environment! Different devices also have different capabilities, so that could pose a problem they need to get around!

You guys are right in saying it is getting better though!

Thanks! :)

3 Likes

2 Likes

Well that’s just it isn’t it…PC’s undoubtedly have way more power than any mobile devices or consoles…But DDR4 RAM may become mainstream in Mobile Devices soon enough so that is an example of things getting better!

There would also have to be some pretty complex settings to ensure lower-end devices aren’t overloaded!

It would/will take a while for the devs to do…Maybe at that point in the future it would be easier to actually implement this, because of how the Mobile Environment will evolve! @divebuddha

Cheers! :)

2 Likes

1 Like

My Friends… There’s havoc inside the ring on the school house server now!
Just imagine what would happen if self or system emergencies were generated.
This one keeps getting posted by fledglings and gamers. If emergency procedures are introduced think of the dinosaur XPlane experience. Take your choice I say, be a gamer or a simmer. Purity of purpose is a good thing.
Max Sends

2 Likes

1 Like