Emergencies in Infinite Passengers for IF

Quick update as we’ve been a bit quite but thats because we’ve been busy working on adding Emergencies to Infinite Passengers for infinite flight. Selecting emergencies will be optional but the probability will be determined by the age of the aircraft. The older your fleet the more likely to have issues. You can manually override to 100% chance of failure if you like!

initially we will be having following failures:

• flaps not changing
  • single engine failure
  • rudder failure

but will keep adding more. stay tuned here to follow @if_pax and Ill let you know when update is out

15 Likes

PS - emergencies will be free and not an additional IAP.

8 Likes

that is pretty cool, good job :)

That’s really cool, how will you optimize it for users who may not be at their device when the emergencies occur?

1 Like

So I assume you’re going to use the API to shut off engines, didn’t know it would be possible to stop flaps and Rudder with the API. Good luck with this

1 Like

Yes its possible. And thanks

1 Like

Good point. I can sound a single short alarm as an optional settings

3 Likes

It is very possible to stop the flaps or rudder. All you have to to do is not use them.😄

2 Likes

my own API is not more than AUTOPILOT
all you need to stop
and wait a second engine failure will occur no way ?

1 Like

ATC is not currently equipped to handle these sort of emergencies and will have no way of knowing someone has no engines. I certainly can’t stop your development but will say we won’t be reversing countless ghosts because people are diving at the field.

Control surface failures are rather harmless but I’d encourage some restraint on the engine failure, perhaps limiting it to multi-engine aircraft only and allowing only one to go out. This is an intriguing feature but I would hate to see your customers setup for failure (no pun) in a controlled airspace.

15 Likes

Hey i do not had received
i mean an e-mail

by the way there is no RC 10 at my last update.

Yes was only ever intending single engine failure. And as mentioned users have choice of whether to enable or not. Its just an additional feature if people want to us it.

3 Likes

Not sure what either of your posts meant

I can assure you people will enable it if it’s available so perhaps consider a firm disclaimer at the very least.

Assuming your single engine failures will be available for the F16, C208, etc as well?

2 Likes

Planning on disabling/warning for single engine planes. And disclaimer is good idea.

1 Like

Beauty! Thanks and good luck.

It’ll certainly make for an interesting feature but we must of course look out for the best interest of customers so they don’t blindly walk into a ghost. Cheers!

6 Likes

Thanks @Tyler_Shelton. Makes sense. That’s why Im posting early so we get constructive feedback like this and can incorporate. Rather than doing big bang release and then having to change things.

3 Likes

Ha, I can just imagine people diving doing a -3000 fpm emergency descent and landing on a green patch land and not at an airport, or a ditching.

1 Like

MaxSez: “Emergencies”! even with your informal enjoiner the Barn Door is now open for 3d’s Emergency Procedures @Tyler_Shelton. That the problem with Third Party and Ad Hoc’s, there free agents. The 3d’s need an entity like VA’s have. I suggest you establish one or expand IFVA to include all bootstrappers.
Regards

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.