Emergencies in IF

So, how this would work is a random generator would produce a value, and ceartain values would do emergencies such as medical emergency, technical failure etc. and there would be a command such as "New York Departure, Cactus 1549 declaring an emergency, diverting to the Hudson River."
A way to make sure no emergencies during a long flight, there cannot be an emergency while VNAV/LNAV is on

10 Likes

That one is closed already, but maybe he can put a bit more detail into this post?

2 Likes

It would be nice. Add realism, you can add to the conversation with the dispatcher the phrase: “Emergency landing”, and the dispatcher will delay all subsequent flights

3 Likes

They should make allegiant air have a higher chance of having emergencies

jk

21 Likes

It would be awesome to have emergency scenarios in IF. Squawk codes are also needed too. However, I think this could be hard to implement if the developers are planning to add engine smokes, bird strikes, etc. We will technically have an emergency scenario in the Global update, and it’s the “emergency fuel”.

7 Likes

I love this feature idea, I’m voting!

2 Likes

As IFATC I am strongly against this, people will abuse this e.g. declaring an emergency when they’re getting vectored away from a straight in landing because of traffic, even though they’ve got 400,000 pounds of fuel left on their A380 after a 2 hour flight.

24 Likes

It would be only availible when you ACTUALLY have an emergency.

2 Likes

If this was implemented into IF, like said above, you would most likely be able to declare an emergency when you are in one, for example low fuel, system malfunctions and if put into IF (which I hope it does) storms, well that’s what I think anyway.

1 Like

^^ that will be how it works incase you missed it

3 Likes

Well if we do get failures in the game then for shore IF will much more interesting.

3 Likes

I love this idea. I wish the topic would be more detailed though, because in it’s current state it really just is an idea.

And maybe you could adjust in the settings how often it would occur (never, rarely, 💩Happens, often)

1 Like

There’s only so many times someone can write “the comms would only be available if you had an emergency”…

3 Likes

That explains it. That post.

1 Like

That would be really cool. Hope this get’s added in the future! :)

You could now if you set your call sign to “Pan,Pan!”

3 Likes

You just had to use that didn’t you…

I think this would be good, maybe only in solo?

1 Like

obviously i had to use it

1 Like

How about "New York Departure’?

1 Like