In my opinion this is the perfect mid size business jet. It is capable of performing steep approaches and is the optimal way to cross a continent because its technology is at the current state of the art and it does offer one of the best cabins in its segment. For example the cabin is much more spacious than the one of the Cessna Citation X.
Last but not least, in my opinion the Legacy 500 is the better looking version of the Bombardier Challenger 350.
Description of the manufacturerPredict the future? Why not invent it? That’s the philosophy behind our game-changing Legacy 500 — the first midsize jet with digital flight controls with full fly-by-wire, and a clean-sheet benchmark for the future in performance, passenger room and comfort. The 12-passenger Legacy 500 is the fastest jet in its class, delivering a high-speed cruise of Mach 0.82, excellent runway performance, and US coast-to-coast range for eight. It’s truly a product of rethinking convention.
- Max speed: Mach 0.83
- High cruise speed: 466 kt / 863 km/h
- Range: 3,125 nm / 5,788 km
- Ceiling: 45,000 ft / 13,716 m
- Stall speed: 104 kn (193 km/h)
- Time to climb: 43,000 ft. in 22 min
- Take-off distance: 4,084 ft / 1,245 m
- Landing Distance: 2,122 ft / 647 m
- Length: 68 ft 1 in / 20.74 m
- Height: 21 ft 2 in / 6.44 m
- Wingspan: 66 ft 5 in / 20.25 m
- Crew: 2
- Passengers: 8-12
- Maximum Payload: 2,800 lb / 1,270 kg
- Max Landing Weight: 15,660 kg (34,524 lb)
- MTOW: 17,400 kg (38,360 lb)
- Cabin altitude: 6,000 ft (1,800 m)
- Cabin height: 6 ft (183 cm)
- Cabin width: 6 ft 10 in (208 cm)
- Cabin length: 26 ft 10 in (8.2 m)
- Engines: 2x Honeywell HTF7500E