Elite Airways CRJ-200

Elite Airways CRJ-200

In anticipation of the upcoming Bombardier CRJ family update and rework, I would like to request the Elite Airways livery for the CRJ-200.

Elite Airways – Background & Fleet Information

IATA: 7Q // ICAO: MNU // Callsign: MAINER

Elite Airways is an airline based in the United States operating charter and scheduled passenger flights. The air carrier is headquartered in Portland, Maine.[1] Elite Airways is a U.S. Part 121 Air Carrier and provides charter and scheduled service throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, and South America. The company is headquartered in beautiful downtown Portland, Maine with maintenance, crew training, sales, and marketing located in sunny Melbourne, FL.[2]

Elite Airways currently owns 13 aircraft – 1 CRJ-100, 7 CRJ-200s, and 5 CRJ-700s.[3] All aircraft have an average age of about 17 years.

Elite Airways offers scheduled passenger services to destinations along the Eastern seaboard of the United States.[4]

Destinations
  • Asheville, North Carolina (KAVL)
  • Bar Harbor, Maine (KBHB)
  • Bimini, Bahamas (MYBS)
  • Islip/Long Island, New York (KISP) [Terminated Spring 2017]
  • Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (KMYR)
  • Newark, New Jersey (KEWR)
  • Orlando/Melbourne, Florida (KMLB)
  • Portland, Maine (KPWM)
  • Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida (KSRQ)
  • Vero Beach, Florida (KVRB)

Bombardier CRJ200 – Background Information

The Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft is designed to hold 50 passengers in a 4-abreast configuration with a lavatory and galley as standard equipment. There are two versions of the CRJ200: the CRJ200 ER and the CRJ200 LR. The Extended Range (ER) variant has a maximum take-off weight of 51,000 pounds (23,134 kg) and range of 1,345 nm (1,548 sm / 2,491 km). The Long Range (LR) model has a maximum take-off weight of 53,000 pounds (24,041 kg) and a range of 1,700 nm (1,956 sm / 3,148 km). The CRJ200 has outstanding performance, capable of max cruise speeds of Mach 0.81 (464 kts / 534 mph / 860 kph), and cruise altitudes up to 41,000 feet. The Bombardier CRJ200 is powered by two General Electric CF34-3B1 turbofan engines that are flat rated to produce 9,220 pounds (41.01 kN) of take-off thrust. Originally developed for the United States Air Force, the CF34 family has over 20 million flight hours and is highly regarded as one of the most reliable and efficient powerplants built. The Bombardier CRJ200 Series’ powerplant delivers a performance envelope comparable to that of a mainline jet. The aircraft is available with an engine option that provides exceptional high-altitude, hot-weather airfield performance for increased payload and profitability.[5]

Specifications [6]

• Dimensions: 87 feet, 10 inches (26.7 m)
  • Wingspan: 69 feet, 7 inches (21.2 m).
  • Range: 1,345 NM
  • Ceiling; 41,000 feet

Photo

© Andrew E. Cohen

Why do I want this livery?

I’ve always seen this livery on FlightRadar24 occasionally and always overlooked it. One day, I decided to figure out what the airline is and found out some cool information about it. The livery, though very basic, is somewhat appealing on this aircraft. I love it a lot!

I like this airline because they travel to the smaller and less busier airports in the country (minus EWR). Though this airline isn’t well known, I appreciate how they serve the smaller cities and towns outside of the main metropolises. I would love to do the few routes they offer with this plane and livery as well.

Do you want this livery?

If you want to see this livery in the next update for the Bombardier CRJ family, please be sure to click the blue Vote button located in the top left corner. Be sure to also comment below your opinions regarding this plane.

Let’s hope this gets the attention of the developers so they can add a unique livery like this one! :)

Happy Landings!

References/Links

Sadly Elite Pulled out of KISP last Summer… You still will have my vote though as I love this airline!

1 Like

That has to be the most blandest livery I’ve seen imo lol

3 Likes

Simple yet effective… you have my vote. :)

1 Like

At least they don’t have to spend a ton of money on painting it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

7 Likes

Would love to have this unfortunately I’m out of votes.
Still waiting on them to come back to ISP. In April they said they’d be back in July, yet we haven’t heard anything from them…

1 Like

Minor correction, it was “terminated” in the Spring of 2017.

2 Likes

I see these all the time at VRB

You definitely have my vote

1 Like

Just moved to Palm Bay and noticed these fly to MLB my vote has been casted

Elite now flies to HPN. @RTG113 @Kevin

2 Likes

They would do better at ISP… :/

I see where this is heading.

Remember what Joe said?😂

Great livery! Simple but sleek you have my vote! Would love to have this.

2 Likes

I know…I have a picture of one somewhere from Sarasota, have to find it now lol

I would love to see this aircraft as well! I would like to do some flights from smaller airports like Vero Beach or New Bedford with Elite Airways.

1 Like

I agree. Hoping this livery will be added before the update is released.

2 Likes

This would be nice I use to service them here in MYR

1 Like

And maybe they will expand there

1 Like

That livery gives me a private jet kind of vibe imo.

2 Likes

ooh awesome they fly out of my airport CRQ to Las Vegas under the brand Cal Jet by Elite Airways