EIDW Traffic Nightmare FNF

Is there anyway to stop inbounds for just a little bit been on the ground in line for over an hour not sure how fuel will be at this point but I have never seen traffic this bad on IF We haven’t had a single departure in 30 minutes.

1 Like

Hey there we cannot stop departures. You will just have to wait it out mate sorry about that

i thought controllers can give aircraft in the sky holding patterns no?

Hi, unfortunately EIDW is an incredibly difficult airport for as many inbounds as there currently are. If there is approach active, they can put most aircraft into holds and that could help. I’ll see if I can ask the controller if they could slow down arrivals a bit

2 Likes

They could but it would clog up the sky thus making it harder for the radar and tower controller

thank you I do understand this is hard for everyone but I have never seen a full ground stop like this

1 Like

EIDW doesn’t exactly have a great layout. And the arrivals are crazy atm. Sometimes we have to ride out the waves of traffic like this.

1 Like

Yeah, the hubs can get super busy so I recommend exploring some other great airports. There’s a lot of them today 😃

2 Likes

Just came from LiveFlight EIDW is JAMMED PACKED. The cue is nearly the whole length of the airport. 🤣🤣✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

1 Like

Also why is Dublin a hub? I Would prefer the canarie islands instead

1 Like

Any pictures?

It’s just the most known and looked upon airport to the majority of people!

5 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

The reason why we have traffic like this is pretty simple. Everyone chooses to fly in and out of EIDW, and this results in higher traffic which would mean more waiting time. If you don’t want to wait, then don’t fly in or out of EIDW. As simple as that :)

1 Like

Wow…Just wow. 0_0

1 Like

If you look closely, Dublin is purposely placed on the last section of FNF hahaha

Aside to everyone flying into Dublin, rest assured the controller is working very hard to get everyone in and out as safe and as efficient as possible. Please follow all instructions issued and do not spam frequencies.

I controlled EIDW G earlier today with @TheAviationGallery and in my first minute, I have to issue my first report :(

2 Likes

yeah I haven’t been on the community much recently for school so hadn’t checked on the FNF in ages and realized it was friday once I got into que

OP requested closure