EGLL Runway 27R Arrivals @ Perimeter Road | July 5th, 2018 | Featuring Qatar A350-1000

I had a chance to stop by EGLL this past week to do a bit of spotting. The weather conditions were certainly better than I expected.

Location: Northern Perimeter Road, slightly North of Runway 27R near the Purple Parking Lot
Time and Day: 1445Z-1700Z on July 5th, 2018
Equipment: iPhone 6S Don’t laugh
Notes: Perimeter Road is busy and there is little to no parking, if you plan on spotting here come by public transport (Don’t remember the station because I went by car)

Star of the Show

Flight: QR1
Origin: Doha (OTHH)
Aircraft: A350-1000
Comments: This plane was delivered in June of 2018! Also it’s incredibly quiet.

The Whale

Flight: EK31
Origin: Dubai (OMDB)
Aircraft: A380-800
Comments: Seeing this thing in a photo just isn’t the same as being up close in real life.

Asian Raccoon

Flight: MH4
Origin: Kuala Lumpur (WMKK)
Aircraft: A350-900
Comments: Absolutely love this livery. Also, is this a special livery or not?

Mademoiselle Rouge

Flight: VS401
Aircraft: A330-300
Comments: Taken right before some security guy kicked me out of the long term parking lot. Just stay on the sidewalks and outside the parking fence.

All Hail The Queen

Flight: BA274
Origin: Las Vegas (KLAS)
Aircraft: B747-400
Comments: I hate how loud this aircraft is from close up. More so than any other plane I spotted including the A380-800 and B777-300ER.

Love it to the MAX

Flight: LO279
Origin: Warsaw (EPWA)
Aircraft: B737 MAX 8
Comments: Sorry, old joke. I think it’s still louder than the NEO but it looks better in my opinion.

European Giraffe

Flight: IB3166
Origin: Madrid (LEMD)
Aircraft: A340-600
Comments: Still mad that I cut the slightest bit off the winglet and some off the horizontal stablizer.

The Short Haul Triple

Flight: TK1971
Origin: Istanbul (LTBA)
Aircraft: B777-300ER
Comments: 3 hours on a 777? Count me in.

One of Many

Flight: BA104
Aircraft: B777-200ER
Comments: Third one in from Dubai I spotted, all from different airlines in different aircraft.

Sleek New Livery

Flight: CX239
Origin: Hong Kong (VHHH)
Aircraft: B777-300ER
Comments: Like this new livery way better than the old one. So modern.

40 Likes

I love the titles. There very funny!

3 Likes

That was all on your phone?! WOW! They must really be close to you!

4 Likes

Haha thanks! I wanted to put some flair into it.

1 Like

They were very close, the wingtips of the larger planes would come pretty close to passing over me, I think I was about 100-300 feet from the runway centerline.

2 Likes

Talking about short haul, wide body, Qatar serves Doha-Lebanon in an A-350! Talk about demand

1 Like

Oh really? That’s insane, but I guess if they can fill the plane it’s all good.

1 Like

Haha. They used to use anA-380 for Doha- Dubai ;)

1 Like

Emirates uses an A380 for Abu Dhabi - Dubai right?

I don’t think there is a flight that ever existed between AUH - DXB

2 Likes

How could you hate how lose a 747 is! It’s part of the experience! Forgetting about that, those were some really great pictures! Truly loved them and I really hope to see more of them!

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t live by any major airport (CYYZ is closest, still 3 hours away), but I will try to get out an spot whenever I can. And I guess the 747 just surprised me, it was my first time seeing one in flight so I figured it’s just 4 RB211’s how loud can it be but it honestly surprised me a bit and that’s why that one has a weird angle on it but regardless thank you!

That’s a shame. I was also surprised when I saw the queen for the first time. It’s quite loud but still and impressive sight!

1 Like

Awesome pictures with just a phone. These really show how you don’t need a fancy camera to take amazing pictures. Well done!

1 Like

Woah, all of that with an Iphone??!! Those are amazing!!! Awesome job with the thread as well! Can’t wait to see more of your spotting pictures! (:

1 Like

Thank you! You just need to be really close to the planes, which, to be honest, isn’t that the point of spotting anyways?

Thank you! I tried my best to include as much info about the plane that was relevant. I don’t know when’s the next time I’ll be able to go spotting but when I do expect another topic!

1 Like

Also I’ve noticed Discourse does something with the photos where it makes them a little grainy so if you click on the photos that should be better quality.

Awesome! I can’t wait to see the next topic! If you could do that well with an iPhone, who knows what you could do with a proffesional camera!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.