EGLL chaos

God bless London Heathrow.

Every time I decided to dive in for a quick flight at EGLL (LHR) for its consistent high traffic volume and 24hr ATC, the spawn location is usually quite a sight (as shown in pic). We can often see many planes, many stacked or cut through planes all anxiously waiting to depart at the same taxiway. Amongst the realm are the time sensitive pilots who just simply can’t wait but evade the ATC and takeoff through the airport diagonally…

If you wanna be an ATC at this location, patience is required. When I was controlling the vincinity as either Departure or Approach, there are always more trolls than those who actually wanted some realism. Proximity/formation landing is a usual sight here at EGLL, sometimes even head on takeoffs for more thrills. We’ve got pilots flying giant A380s and 747s just came in at a sizzling 400kts with a sink rate of -6000ft/min or worse (of course they don’t give a damn about the approach or the tower). America’s freedom has now arrived in London.

I love this airport!! Btw here’s an image from the equally chaotic KLAX.

14 Likes

That’s what happens at the most popular airports. It’s all out chaos because the trolls are attracted to a crowd.

1 Like

Trainin and expert

1 Like

Expert? I doubt it’s that hectic on the expert server.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do.

1 Like

Nothing new

1 Like

Also, the airport in your pic is KLAX, not EGLL.

2 Likes

No not on the expert. Is definitely on the training

2 Likes

EGLL does not have Runway 25R.

1 Like

Worse than casual, pilots there are just downright “rude and stupid”, no offence by those words.

2 Likes

Sorry I just fixed it

Hi,

Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do to make those pilots behave. The only solution for you to have a more realistic experience is to fly on the Expert Server. It is true that sometimes expert pilots do behave like Training pilots, however the chances are much lower. I’d also recommend for you to fly where there is ATC, as they have ghosting power which acts as a deterrence for pilots who would usually not abide by the rules.

But, this is why the app is called “Infinite” Flight. Anything is possible at KLAX and EGLL on the Training Server ;)

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hello! Unforuntaley this is the reality of the TS. Like @Maxim said, you can’t control it. My best advice would be to fly to less populated airports since there won’t be as much traffic. Just my cup of tea. Good Day!

Anuj

2 Likes

I hate this airport. More seriously, it was fun at the beginning because there was always activity. But now, I’m tired of all the disrespect in this airport. If you want some realism, avoid EGLL.

2 Likes

@Btp91, Or rank up to Grade 3 and join us professionals at Expert Server ;)

You’ll never regret entering Expert after you’ve experienced real realism with quality service from ATC and amazing traffic with highly skilled pilots… well most of them at least… cough@RTG113 cough

But in all seriousness though, Expert is where reality meets the sky. Once you enter you’ll never want to go back to TS and its overcrowded EGLL and KLAX with pilots creating all sorts of mischief and mess.

4 Likes

Try not aiming for takeoff on that runway, and there is sadly nothing you can do on Training. Happy Flying

2 Likes

Don’t worry, as a grade 4, I fly mostly on Expert :)

2 Likes

This is why I joined IFATC. I didn’t like controlling on TS1 because people were doing exactly that… con-trolling.

6 Likes

We should be able to hide people from the atc screen if they troll.

1 Like

Dare I jump on tower for a bit at LAX?

1 Like