EGLC procedures.

After controlling EGLC for an hour, I’ve noticed many people do not know how to correctly depart EGLC.

First off, no need to request for pushback. You’re already facing the taxiway and if you push, you’d push in the water or terminal.
If told to taxi to runway 27, taxi to the runway. Do not enter the runway without permission
Change to tower frequency and request for take off. Do not stay on Ground and ask to cross the runway. You’ll get a command saying something like backtaxi runway 27…
please, don’t pushback onto the runway. There’s a tutorial on how to backtaxi here:

If the airport is busy, and runway 27 is active, if you are 2nd in line for backtaxi, change to tower and once the plane in front gets clearance to backtaxi, request for takeoff. This will get more planes in the air much faster.
Thanks!
IFATC Panther (David Maz)

28 Likes

It’s one of those airports where having the command available to “back taxi” would help avoid confusion.

5 Likes

Another great guide by one of our wonderful IFATC! :)

2 Likes

People do this on Expert? Oh, that’s bad.

4 Likes

Yes, people forgot how to fly Lol.

1 Like

Will you then clear us for intersection departure or back taxi?

Usually/ almost always backtaxi

3 Likes

I would like to add that I see a lot of people doing 15kts when back taxiing, you are allowed to do more then 35kts! It’s a runway not a taxiway!

3 Likes

I usually like to send three airplanes to back taxi to rnw 27, so if you are waiting for back taxi it would be nice to be on tower frequency, and please, stay on tower frequency all the time. I know that command said " back taxi rnw 27, exit rnw and conntact ground", but, please, in this case, stay on tower frequency.

2 Likes

Nice useful topic @Panther considering many people take EGLC for granted and as @Darth_Sidious said above, it is the best option to backtaxi at >35kts. The steep approach is designed for A318s and smaller aircraft(E190,75,70 or CS300 etc). The point is that we solhould not see aircraft like A321 or 739s operating at EGLC because it makes realism a misnomer.

3 Likes

imho, when planes are given the clearance to “taxi to and hold short of runway 27” it is known that he or she has to back taxi runway 27. no turboprops/regional jets are able to takeoff at that Intersection given the immensely short distance. Having said that when planes are holding short at that intersection, they should automatically tune to tower to prepare being ordered to back taxi without requesting for takeoff. Just my two cents.

1 Like

I thought the largest allowed at EGLC was the A321/757?

2 Likes

In Infinite Flight, yes that’s the biggest aircrafts 😊

1 Like

Yes in infinite flight but it is not a practical choice to use them. For me the largest aircraft I use at EGLC is the A319.

1 Like

You were complaining about realism then using an unrealistic plane 😂

1 Like

In infinite flight, but IRL the biggest is an a318, no 737s

That is due to EGLC being classified as class delta, which restricts any plane bigger than that in IF. IRL the largest jet that operates in and out of EGLC Is the A318. If we delve deeper into “realism”, single engine aircrafts are not permitted to operate in EGLC, but that’s not the topic here.

Any pilot that has flown there could share their insights, which would be greatly appreciated.

To land at EGLC you need at least 2 engines, 2 pilots and 2 autopilots. So only the ERJ series, a318 and CCX qualify

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.