EGKK in IF

Hi everyone!
Just a quick question, in real life EGKK has one runway, but in IF it has two. Why is this?

1 Like

EGKK has two runways but in real life operation it is used as a taxiway most of the time so it will reflect it in IF as well. Especially on expert server.

5 Likes

You see 2 runways but as @contrailer said, they only use the southern runway for take off and landings. The northern runway is used as a taxiway.

4 Likes

Interesting I don’t really understand that. I have flown from there twice and we queued for about 40 minutes to take off

2 Likes

A new permanent TFR has been set in place at EGKK on IF now, stating that Runway 26R/8L is now used for taxiway operations. Treat Runway 26R/8L as a taxiway.

3 Likes

Hello all! Your local Gatwick Aviator here!

Gatwick has both runways registered as an official usable runway and can use them in full effect. However, a problem was spotted… The 2 are too close to each other. They are too close for operation, so instead Gatwick uses the longer 26L/08R as the main runway and 26R/08L as a taxiway off of 26L/08R. The only time 26R/08L is used, is if 26L/08R is closed .

In Infinite Flight, what should I do?

In game, you can exit or taxi onto 26R/08L. There is no need to request a crossing. Avoid using 26R/08L for taking off or landing, and if unicom is active, I reccomend sending runway information, by using ‘Send traffic advisories’

• ‘Gatwick Unicom is using runway 26L, left traffic’

• ‘Gatwick Unicom is using runway 08R, right traffic’

7 Likes

That’s very nice to know as I always wondered why both were not used! I will not make the mistake of taking off of landing on 26R again

1 Like

The question is who made the mistake of putting them too close together…

2 Likes

No idea.

Just a random Gatwick fact, if any of you have wondered what this line is for (or even if you don’t wonder)

It’s a bridge! There’s actually a bridge that runs over the taxiway to the main area of the North Terminal! I’ve walked over this multiple times. It allows all aircraft to taxi under it, and is a cool sight!

gatwick_aerial_shot_756x350

9 Likes

No way that’s so cool! Definitely super special!

2 Likes

lol im controlling gatwick and just saw this

3 Likes

Lol. Any Southeast England and London airport I’ll be happy to talk about, give information that I know of, and help you with!

If any of you want more info then I’m happy to chat via a PM, because this topic has been answered :)

On the subject I’ll be starting a flight over the next 40 minutes. Hopefully Gatwick 🤞

2 Likes

I’ve seen that!

1 Like

I don’t understand why current ATIS allow landings and departures at runway 26R …

1 Like

It has been updated

5 Likes

Okay thank you for your efficiency.
I also have a doubt, do we need any clearnce for taxiing/crossing the runway 26R ?

1 Like

As stated on the NOTAM, no.

3 Likes

Well, thank you

2 Likes

They have this in Denver too. It goes between the Terminals and Concourse A. Unfortunately if you want to get to B or C you have to take the subway either between Concourse A and your final gate or just pick it up in the main terminal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.