EGKK apologies

Hi, if you were flying at EGKK on expert with me as the controller I would like to formally apologies if my commands were either late or had to be corrected.

My reasons for this was the extreme weather (fog). Not just me but other aircraft were struggling and it became hard for me to communicate properly. As I couldn’t nor see you than organize you.

A far amount of go arounds were issued and apologies on that as well.

Thanks, once again please understand that the weather was causing havoc for some of us controllers, most likely not just myself.

13 Likes

That’s okay, I am still on TS1 tho

3 Likes

No excuse. Need to be demoted and retrained 😜
And have to buy me 🍺🍺

18 Likes

I’d rather not get demoted to your position Tommy 🤗

Also get to work, than you can afford your own beer

18 Likes

Just outta curiosity may I ask…how does fog affect the radar screen…u can easily see all the aircrafts n stuff…it could be told by a pilots head as struggling with fog…but there doesn’t seem any reason fog would affect a controller

I’ve been concerned about moving to Expert, but your post is quite disarming. I’ll fly with you anytime.

1 Like

Don’t be, just be respectful and follow the rules and you’ll have a blast.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for the controller in this specific case, but I can say yesterday I was controlling at EGBB with so much fog I could not see the runway at all from the tower and it does make things much harder. The radar works fine for planes on the air, not so much on the ground or on arrival / departure, for example… things that I could not see that afected my controllig:

• when an aircraft lifted off
  • how far from the taxiway an aircraft on arrival roll was
  • ground traffic

On top of that I had pilots who could not see taxiways and threshold lines, giving me more headaches.

Put this all together and you quickly realize it’s much harder.

6 Likes

Ohok…becuz I have never experienced these issues earlier(especially twr/grnd…)…but as u mentioned some of the problems…as far as I’m concerned…I don’t usually have those issues n they have a simple solution

1 Like

@Skylines… MaxSez: Lesson Learned Sky, Sorrow is a sign of weakness, John Wayne said that in the film “Yellow Ribbon” back in the 70’s. Alway say “Regret” & never apologies publicly. Keep your own counsel, it don’t pay to Advertise. Trust me, been there, done that! Screw them if they can’t take a joke as well!;

2 Likes

I was too! But once your on you’ll love it, trust me!

1 Like

Naw. Be a man Sky. This is real life. Do what your heart tells you.

1 Like

That makes plenty of sense, and gives me as a pilot a better understanding of the controller problems. They don’t have a God view of everything going on, but have limitations also.

2 Likes

As my fellow ATC @MannyG clearly explained it just blocks our vision for activity like grounded aircraft and landing.

You have a fair point but there are things that need our attention drawn from the radar screen to the airport itself.

2 Likes

Well you kinda did

1 Like

And he explained it well, I have no problem.

1 Like

It’s okay, I was on EGKK with @a380fan yesterday. It’s completely understandable. Other than that, Your service was great despite the fog.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.