EGCC: Some Observations

Saw this just there at EGBB too, expert is gone to the dogs I swear

5 Likes

If it was the training server than fair enough because even I often mess around on there for fun but on expert we should make it as realistic and of course enjoyable as possible and not have these noobs ruining it for us

4 Likes

I think we should have “certified” pilots. Whether they’re manually or automatically promoted, they’re the people who aren’t in IFAE, IFATC, etc but they know what they’re doing.

And let’s bring back the report button for these certified pilots. Let’s say there’s an incompetent pilot in an F-14 circling a busy, but uncontrolled airport. If this pilot receives enough reports from certified pilots, they’ll be ghosted and a moderator will review it.

5 Likes

To all saying that the ES is done for, I agree that there is always a few pilots ruining the realism especially at hub airports. But the fact remains that landings and XP are the only quantifiable stats that can be used to “grade” pilots. The best way would be to administer a kind of certification exam for users before accessing the ES but even that may never be because it could deter users from even wanting to purchase a subscription. Not every user bothers to check the user guide, if not we’d have a lot more users on the IFC which STILL does not automatically translate to better pilots. Finding a solution to this question is tasking to say the least 😓

7 Likes

Even as a expert server regular, I have surprisingly learned some things from this post that I will now take into consideration the next time I’m flying on the expert server.

It too is frustrating for me when pilots on the expert server are trying to be as realistic with their flying as possible, only for to be shattered by a few “bad apples.”

Eventhough that the developers have made some positive changes to the requirements to access the expert server. I feel that more must be done to ensure that the expert server stays “the expert server.”

Thank you so much for sharing, and keep up the good work.

-CaptainNoGear.

5 Likes

I think we need to be much more upfront to pilots about the IFC and User Guide. Make it a mandatory read and encourage IFC signups.
I don’t ever fly to hubs anymore because of these pilots.
We don’t need harder restrictions or testing. We need education.
of course no expert but I think thats what we need to do.

3 Likes

I still enjoy being an IFATC but I don’t like when people don’t listen. The big problem in EGCC today was a ton of duplicate messages but I never said avoid sending duplicate messages just because I didn’t have the time cause of how busy it was.

4 Likes

Is there a featured post that we can vote on? Or was the one that was up closed? This was the most recent one I could find which was closed in December of last year.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. Too many people think that increasing the grade requirements will stop unprofessional pilots from joining expert, but that won’t happen. **IMO, Grade does not show skill level, it just shows amount of time on the sim, which could just be spent goofing off on causal server. ** I have seen grade 5 pilots have no idea what there doing flying into busy airspace’s screwing up sequencing. I’ve also seen more professional grade 3 pilots than non professional ones.

Changing the grade table will not help this problem, having a test, or something like that, will

Just my opinion, cheers

1 Like

I think for now on maybe everytime a new person goes into the expert server for the first time there could be a link that says we highly recommend reading through this throughly just like I did with the IFATC manual when I passed my practical.

1 Like

Said this a lot of times, pilots have a responsibility aswell… it is not only the controllers fault when an airport is a mess

1 Like

Let’s be honest, none of the new pilots would read that. I suppose it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement though, so maybe it’s worth a shot.

2 Likes

To be honest I feel that the main problem is that we have landing requirements to access the expert server.

The number is so easy to get especially when you find an airport with multiple runways, and grind touch and gos for and hour or two.

Boom expert server at the snap of the fingers, no problem!

I almost want to say that the expert server requirments should be based off of flight time, and a major increase in required landings. Maybe in some way that landing should only count if you

1. Have a flight plan
  2. Fly for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour.

This insured that the landings are not from touch and gos, but through genuine flying and experience with the sim.

(I understand that this is some what off topic and I apologize, but the only argument I have is that it does have to do with issue that is being expressed in the conversation which is pilot errors due to inexperience or carelessness on the expert server.)

1 Like

100% agree.

What could be done is like a big notice on the start screen BEFORE the main menu which says something like “To better your experience please look at the User Guide/Youtube Tutorials/ IFC” or something like that and it stays on the screen for a good 15 seconds

I know we already have this AFTER you spawn and see the welcome message but that can easily be skipped without being read and by then you’ve already spawned into the server

3 Likes

@AlphaKilo I never said that the IFC is a requirement. Just encouraged. :)

2 Likes

I don’t think you could do this just because then you would never get to the amount of landings. I will say they a majority of my landings are from touch and goes

1 Like

My apologies I’ll edit that bit

2 Likes

That’s kind of the dilemma we face.

Make it too easy, and we get pilots who take advantage of this “cheat in the system” in order to make it into the top server without experience.

Or make it tougher for pilots to make it in and ensure that only the best of the best can make it.

On my own behalf. I am not saying that this the only way to solve this issue. I’m just saying that this is one out of many possible answers that the devs could consider.

4 Likes

Maybe not a majority of my landings but definitely if I was like 15 landings off grade 4 I’d rather do some pattern work than fly 15 30min flights and I’m sure a lot of us feel the same way

1 Like

I too can relate. However maybe that’s a problem as well. The whole idea of a grade system, combined with a way to cheat the system makes inexperienced pilots motivated to grind there way to grade 3.

If the requirements were based off a different system, like the one in my post above, in theory, it maybe wouldn’t be as big of a problem.

Personally, I don’t really care about my grade. It’s just a number to me. 🤷‍♂️ However I do know that others look at that very differently to me, in which I respect their opinion.

1 Like