EGCC, Manchester to get new Routes!

My home airport is Manchester International, UK which is expanding rapidly as the busiest airport in the UK outside of London. It is the 3rd busiest after Heathrow and Gatwick moving 10s of millions of passengers worldwide every year.

Jet Airways Announces New Route

Jet Airways has announced it will begin flying from Manchester to Mumbai beginning 5th November. The four-times-a-week service will put business and leisure passengers across Manchester Airport’s catchment area in easy reach of the world’s fastest-growing economy.

Qatar Airways announces triple daily flights

Qatar Airways has announced it will be increasing the frequency of its flights between Manchester and Doha to triple daily from May 2019.The middle eastern airline currently operates 16 flights per week between the two cities – double daily on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays with triple daily flights already operating on Mondays and Saturdays.

My Opinion

I think this is great news for Manchester, giving direct access to India and a higher number of flights shows the expansion plans for the airport are working.

This teamed with the news from a few years ago of the cargo center expansion brings Manchester to the forefront of aviation in the UK and hopefully increases the likeliness of becoming a major hub for multiple airlines in the future.

Linked pages are direct access to the flight information forms. News Stories all came from this link.

5 Likes

Great news for Manchester, could this affect VFR aircraft flying in and around the Manchester Control Zone due to heavy traffic? The path from the North to the South and vice versa for VFR aircraft is becoming incredibly difficult, the only way around is going throgh the Liverpool CTA or the low-level corridor, I worry that the Low Level Corridor will be closed due to high level IFR traffic from EGCC.

As you can see, there routing through this area of busy airspace is limited, I worry that Routing 3&4 will effectively be ‘Closed’ due to possible Manchester CTA expansions, transiting the Manchester CTA is hard already, I don’t want to know what it will be like in the future.

Great for Commercial, we will have to wait and see about GA.

Now Birmingham needs more routes :/

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.