Editing style crisis

Hi

I spent the last few weeks experimenting with different editing styles. Please tell me what you think, because I really don't know how to feel lmao

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

37 Likes

That first shot is the best in my opinion.

2 Likes

I love all of them, especially the Qantas one. But if I have to nitpick, I don’t like the linear gradients at the bottom

2 Likes

The gradients are a bit extreme (especially in 1), as @callaa said gradients on the bottom are usually not the way to go, and the masking accuracy (especially around flaps/gear) could use some touching up as there are a lot of missed spots and halos. But overall, they look pretty good. Just could use some refinement is all.

3 Likes

They are good to me. Being subject about your own shots are normal but try not to let it affect your confidence or experiment with different ways.

For myself i think the last picture with the red bars is distracting and takes away from the otherwise great picture of it. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s what I thought too. I liked the lighting of the 77W AC but I think I had abit too much fun with the gradients. I’ll try to make them more subtle

Yeah, I used auto-mask for all but the KLM and LH 744 pics. What do you think about the masking for the KLM 777-300ER?

Thanks! I had the red ILS antennas in the frame on purpose actually

Would you suggest gradients from the left/right instead?

It’s not bad, missed a couple spots. Generally with masking you gotta get it at least 99.9% because small mistakes stand out

1 Like

Generally gradients should come down from the top only. There are exceptions but 99% of the time if you’re going to use one it’s best to have it on the top part.

2 Likes

🫣 I did not see that but thanks for pointing those out, I’ll fix those when I can

Guess it does take a bit of practice to get the masking completely right

1 Like

Hey @AndrewWu can I get your input on the Air China A320 pic? I feel like it’s missing something but I can’t seem to know what and why

I don’t know about missing but I don’t think the gradient is super necessary. Normally you only gradient sky.

2 Likes

A gradient on the apron with some added clarity and a slightly lowered exposure may work. And maybe a bit more pink tint to get rid of that green look because of the windows

1 Like

I’ll try that. Thanks for the recs

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.