Editing Posts

So I just realized I got demoted from regular to member. Don’t know when that happened, but not really an issue. Weird thing is, I can no longer edit any of my old topics - only on one do I have that ability, and that topic was my most recently created one. Anyone have any ideas on why that’s happening? I only wanted to add Xiamen Airlines to my List of Airlines in IF…

I saw a topic (below) similar to this. Does the info discussed in here still apply? Am I understanding I need to become a regular again to edit these old posts if I want to?

If this needs to be closed because of the one above, feel free…

I thinks for members there is a time limit until you can no longer edit(doesn’t apply to Regular’s and above??)

2 Likes

I had the same question several months back. Turns out that the ability to edit a post can expire after a certain amount of time.

If you need it to be edited, I’d be more than happy to do it for you. :)

4 Likes

The reason for this is because that’s not what topics are supposed to be used for. There is a certain amount of time that you can edit a topic and if you want to go back and edit, it’s best you make a new topic as the information is probably irrelevant now anyway.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! @Carson, two topics of mine I see an issue with in the future are the Absent/Missing Callsigns topic, and All Airlines Currently in Infinite Flight (List). Mainly because both of these are more cumulative/changing lists, it would be helpful to have an infinity edit, if you get my meaning. However, the point is valid that I can just make a new topic with the info, and the other gets closed down. @Henrik, not a big deal, both the lists are wikis, so theoretically any regular could edit them, but I’m not one anymore. I was just going to add Xiamen Air to the “All Airlines…” list I mentioned above. Feel free to do that if you want, otherwise don’t worry about it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.