Editing FPL crashes IF

Your Callsign

N67KG

Was your account linked with IFC in-app at the time of the issue?

Yes

Version Information

20.2 (465)

Device Information

iPad 6th Gen (2018)
iOS 14.0.1

Summary

IF crashes after loading a FPL and going to open the search bar from the FPL.

Steps to reproduce

• Launch IF
  • Copy FPL into search bar and accept it
  • Go back into search bar to open the copied FPL or add a WPT to current FPL manually.

Expected results

IF would adjust the FPL and remain stable

Actual results

IF crashed back to home screen. App restarted in the background

More Information

Issue is hit or miss hw long it takes for app crash. Sometimes a minute after sometimes right away. Have reproduced it every time.

Can you get a solid 100% repo of this?

then if you can let us know the exact steps you need to do to crash the app

Unable to repro

iPad Pro 11"
iOS 14.0.1

Just updated. Have been able to repo ever time. May have to be with how long the FPL is too with it being around 10000nm long.

Could you paste the flight plan here please?

Reproduced it again.

FPL is

MKG KADLO DADON IDOSI PATNO TANNA PAPRA SEKON LAVAN VIBUN SATON AKNAT BIDEG SAKDA ANOBO ALUMO RILVI EMELA UPNEP VININ SMU DORNA TEDOS MONBU PUT ANPUB RUSET DUKUN LEKIR NILAM SANOB IGEBO POVUS BEDAX NIXUL GUTOX MATLU KALOX DABAP KADAP KABTA KALBI KANSA KABDO GUTKO PLS PASAR GETIR LOPIN XURIK VSP KEDOM ETGUN ETMOS 3000S/03000E VWV OKLOK UVIKU ITMEK 3500S/01000E 3600S/00000E 3600S/01000W 3500S/02000W 3400S/03000W 3100S/04000W 2800S/05000W. Flight out of RCTP

Set up SID, enter FPL, edit clear or open the FPL entry box.

I lowered my graphics and it crashed again right after clearing out the FPL entry box.

What Sid you using?

And I assume you are using “Add to flight plan” if you already have the SID set up

Yes, the issue isnt what you already have it is going back in and removing from the copied FPL. Im trying to get a screen recording done but every time it crashes it crashes the screen recording as well.

So the crash is occurring when you remove a waypoint from the copied flight plan? I’ve tried adding a SID, copying the FPL that you gave and added a new waypoint in the search bar and nothing is crashing. There’s a missing step somewhere…

1 Like

I’m getting the same results as Deer on this. No luck breaking the app here.

Generally I like to think we’re pretty good at breaking the app but this one is another animal. lol

3 Likes

Yeah Im trying to get it to get it to screen record but when IF crashes it also crashes my screen record. The response can be delayed. Longest it has taken is up to 5min after making a change. I am also copying it from Notes on the iPad.

I can’t reproduce either, although I am on android.
Is it possible this is RAM related? IPad 6 only has 2G RAM from what I find online.

Can you point another camera at the phone by any chance? (Also this makes me suspect you are running out of memory)

1 Like

I am wondering that which is why I lowered my graphics to medium for everything. But that resulted in continued crashes. Im trying to get a video of it from my phone but this resulted in it actually lasting past 5 minutes of the flight lasting.

Either a RAM issue that makes 2GB devices unable to last longer than 10minutes running IF on all Low Graphics or something having to do with opening the map and setting such a long FPL. I cant isolate what. One last thing to see if it will work but not getting my hopes too high.

Can confirm there is either excessive RAM being used even with Anti-Aliasing off and all Low graphics or something else. Do not believe it is relating to Map but more about the distance of the FPL.

Another thing you can play around with is the number of waypoints.

Are you seeing this occur with few waypoints, many waypoints or both? That’ll help narrow things down to determine if the volume of waypoints are causing a crash.

Has happened with the total use of waypoints and then with only the Airway and DCT waypoints. Still got crashes.

Currently just testing this out with just the ICAO destination in the FPL.

1 Like

Not an issue of waypoint length. Just crashed again in the following conditions

1. Graphics all Low Anti Aliasing Off
  2. Aircraft count Low
  3. No traffic at RCTP
  4. Full Fuel, 2000kgs of pax/cargo
  5. FPL was only SGAS no other waypoints.
  6. Crashed around 6000AGL changing from VC to outside view.

Not sure if this may be related but when setting destination to SGAS only the FPL doesnt actually go directly to SGAS as seen in picture below.

Hmmm. Ok. Let me give that a shot. What aircraft and livery. Trying to replicate as best as possible.