Edit Icon has Disappeared

Hi, I’m looking to edit my VA thread and I’m unable to.The icon you press to edit is not present. I have edited the thread in the past with no problems. Is there a way I can fix this issue?

Try to make it a wiki, that usually works with older topics

5 Likes

There is no solution other then to get it closed and then make a new one apparently and making it a wiki

1 Like

How did this issue start?

When you create a topic, after a certain a period of time, the pencil button will no longer be available. I advise to make your topic a wiki, so you’ll be able to edit your topic in the future. It happened to me before, the same happens with your comments.

3 Likes

How do I make it a wiki

oh really I was unaware of that

1 Like

Only Regulars can make wikis… Best to do is to just make a new and fresh Thread :)

3 Likes

with wikis though cant other people edit it or no

With permission of IFVARB right?

I don’t believe IFVARB can give access to users to edit posts but correct me if I’m wrong… And yes, only Regulars can edit and post wikis.

2 Likes

so noone else will be able to edit it besides me or will others be able to?

do you have to contact moderators or staff to make a wiki

As said above, you will need to make a new, fresh Topic… The edit limit tends to be around 3 months. Can you confirm that you haven’t edited your topic in 3 months?

2 Likes

Last time I edited it was August 3 and the 30

I checked with Discourse and it looks like the Community has a Setting set for editing a topic… It is unlikely that a Moderator can give you access to edit your topic but I could be wrong. Best thing to do now is to contact a Moderator via PM so you can get a more direct answer. :)

3 Likes

Alright thanks I went ahead and did that

1 Like