EDDL Tower and Approach Confusion

Just now, on Expert, EDDL was confusing.
When I was flying to EDDL only Tower and Ground were active.
Then suddenly Approach came online.
I contacted Approach, I think it was Joe.
Then Tower started calling me.
I tuned into Tower and was directed to 05L when Approach kept calling me.
What was I supposed to do?
I didn’t have time to take screenshots and was afraid to be ghosted by Approach, so I quit.
This wasn’t fun!
Please, controllers, sort this out! This shouldn’t be happening on Expert.

10 Likes

I don’t think EDDL tower was aware that there was an approach controller online.

I’ll let them know thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

Just for future reference, what was I supposed to do?
I was on Tower and Approach kept calling.
Could they both have missed each other?
I was about 10 nm from 05L, so being on Tower seemed right.

2 Likes

Contact approach if your not on final. IF ghosted we will deal with it on our end. We never want you to have to quit for something like that.

1 Like

Well, you should have contacted APP and stayed with them until they switch your frequency. All controllers get a notification if any frequency in the region is opened, so they should know. If they’re top busy to notice, then they should check what frequency you’re on and check what frequency their airport has open. You should have really stayed with APP and shouldn’t have switched unless you were allowed to with permission. If you did get ghosted, you would still have evidence that you were on APP, so you can take it to a moderator and have it reversed if you didn’t do anything wrong. Once you switched to Tower, you should have requested a frequency change back unless you were on final with the ILS/GPS already

1 Like

I seem to have avoided being ghosted.
I was practically on final and it was crowded.
Switching freqs again would have been possible, but not easy.
It’s becoming more clear to me why @Maxmustang keeps stating that more messages are needed for pilots to send.
This is also a case in which I was unable to communicate what was going on.
I don’t like not being able to land. It’s the best part of the flight.

3 Likes

I think we can all agree pilot comms need improvement. It’s possible if you asked tower for a frequency change it would of registered he had approach but who knows.

1 Like

Same thing again.
I wasn’t able to communicate to Tower that I was on Approach.
He could have ghosted me for not reacting, so I switched, hoping Approach would notice.
That apparently didn’t work.
So, I was caught between a rock and a hard place.

2 Likes

Many other controllers do not have two or more devices to communicate on Slack with other controllers . We’re hoping Laura will buy us all new iPad for Christmas 😀

21 Likes

I remember you flying in. There’s always a delay when a frequency comes on and when it’s registered. There’s not much we can do about that unless every frequency opens at the exact same time every time.

Sorry for the bad experience. But don’t ever say you agree with @Maxmustang , it’ll just keep inflating the ego lol

13 Likes

I get it.
So what do I do next time?
Like I said I was about to intercept the localizer and it was crowded.
I didn’t feel comfortable switching freqs again and there’s no way for me to indicate what was going on.
Both of you could have ghosted me for not replying.
Quiting was my only options. A very unsatisfying option.

1 Like

@Joe. MaxSez: Hell Joe, Any ego I had on IF was deflated long ago because of lost challenges to Bogus Ghosts, one of meany, by one of those arrogant, over inflated ticketed know it al Sport Pilots you employ. The best Defence is a continueing offence. The thing that “Targets” are made from! Why do you think I change call signs regularly!

1 Like

You do make it sound funny, but it wasn’t and it isn’t.
I’d appreciate it if you’d take this serious.

1 Like

Dog gone poop face controllers. Sport pilot…I didn’t know @Brandon_Sandstrom ghosted you 😀

2 Likes

Zachary hit the nail on the head… take a look at his reply again.

@Joe@Brandon_Sandstrom never ghosted me, he’s a Pro’. POOP FACED, LOL, sound right!

1 Like

Let the Joe bashing of Brandon begin 😩

2 Likes

Janet, please try to not take it so harshly. Thanks for the comments and hopefully it will be improved in the future. Sincerely, AR.

1 Like

This always happens to me with radar controllers at EDDL.

1 Like