EDDB 07R Approach

Just curious as to where the approaches are for 07R @ Berlin Brandenburg?

I know it’s a newer airport reno/runway, am I missing something? Is it open IRL?

Cheers all!

I’ll go ahead and throw an educated guess your way.

EDDB has not even fully opened yet. So Infinite Flight may not have updated the procedures for that airport. Hopefully it will come soon.

Yeah that’s what I figured with the migration from the old airport to the new one, however reading the EDDB Wikipedia page - under “Runways” it says:

"Berlin Brandenburg Airport has two parallel runways. With a spacing of 1,900 metres (6,200 ft), this allows independent flight operations without interference from wake turbulence.

The northern runway (07L/25R) of BER is the southern runway of the old Schönefeld Airport and has been in use since the 1960s. To adapt it for the new airport, it has been renovated and lengthened from 3,000 to 3,600 metres (9,800 to 12,000 ft). The newly built southern runway (07R/25L) has a length of 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) and was officially commissioned on 31 May 2012. Blackouts of the runway beacon of the southern runway led to investigations concerning air traffic safety."

Infinite Flight receives their navigation data from NavBlue, which updates all procedures in the app. Once they have updated the procedures in their systems, it will transfer over to Infinite Flight. For now, we’ll just have to wait it out or improvise.

3 Likes

Most likely the latest nah data as said above hasn’t been transferred onto infinite flight as the runway just became operational a few days ago.

The RWY 07R/25L’s procedure became active on Wednesday, with all procedures now available and in use IRL as far as I am aware.

As some already mentioned this sadly isn’t reflected yet in IF, which makes it a bit more difficult to find the procedures and plan accordingly.

Not sure if you can get this website in English, but the link “AIP AIC IFR 13/20” seems to include charts at the end of the PDF file:

Edit:

The runway itself is there since rather a long time and was temporarily used during construction work on Schönefeld’s runway (07L/25R), just the instrument procedures haven’t been active before Wednesday (as far as I am aware).

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the info!

1 Like

No worries, glad I could help!