Easyjet says - Electric airplanes, why not?

All the people always just do think up to here |//////
So they dont see the problem behind it. By changing from fuel to electricity they just shifting over the problem from A to B wich does make at the end basically no difference at all or make it even worse by the extreme amount of effort to produce for example the batteries.

1 Like

False. You don’t even want to get STARTED on this with me.

2 Likes

I heard about this on the French news this morning 😂
Great idea EasyJet, but it wouldn’t become sustainable until the aircraft are produced and powered using green energy. Let’s hope the motors are powerful enough as well!

2 Likes

Thats what i said 8 hours ago just read above

But cmon EasyJet…planes without engines look weeeiiirrddd….and not that great

I couldn’t care less. Btw you posted that at 3:45am my time.

3 Likes

There are means of going about it like hot-swappable batteries, or just a massive power wire. As long as the energy to mass and density ratio continues to go up, there comes a point where batteries do become feasible for flight.

2 Likes

Oh no! Well…it’s not like he has a world clock telling him time from every time zone…;)

3 Likes

Completely agree with what everyone’s saying, except for the advanced cooling system… a simple vented system at FL300 and above would work with the outside air temp being close to -40C. The design inside the plane would have to be advanced though to make sure the Air gets filtered where it needs to

2 Likes

An orange airline turning green! Yay 😀

2 Likes

Electric planes…I don’t think they are not gonna work.

1 Like

= I think they are gonna work.

Right? 🤔

5 Likes

That’s exactly why I wrote “btw.” It says Sydney in my bio :)
And I don’t care that he posted something similar to my comment before, it really doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Not really 🙄.

I just can’t see the engines producing enough thrust from electricity, if it does manage to gain life I think it’s gonna be extremely slow. Once electric aircraft work it’s going to end up being a fully automated Aircraft (no pilot). I don’t know anyone who’s want to get on an aircraft without a pilot (I definitely won’t).

Maks…

2 Likes

He’s joking with you because you posted a double negative… example, “I didn’t not want to play football, so I played anyway” @MaksimFerguson
Oh and pilots will never leave a passenger airliner, they flight safety implications would be massive and you can’t give a computer natural human instinct. The pink body in the front wants to save his own skin as well as everyone else’s, a computer couldn’t give a rats ***.

3 Likes

It’s the wings job to produce lift - the debate is about what generates the thrust. And if the wings don’t have to double up as fuel tanks, you could optimise them more and make them better.

Consider that the huge cruise ships, such as Harmony Of The Seas are driven by electric motors, I think they might just manage to develop motors which can generate the required thrust for an airliner.
Modern AC motors have an excellent power to weight ratio.

1 Like

Agreed - get ready for solar panel wings.

1 Like

Oh now you’re talking. Being able to produce power during flight seems so bizarre to me though.

1 Like

Is it only me that remembers a record was set for a round the world trip in 5 days using renewable energy?

Here check it out: http://www.solarimpulse.com/our-story

1 Like

And seeing an all electronic plane airliner is even more lovely

1 Like