easyJet changes order for A320neo to A321neo

easyJet has decided to convert orders for 30 A320neos to the larger A321neo, the carrier announced last week. The A321neos will be configured with seating for 235 passengers, providing a 26% increase in capacity over the 186-seat A320neo. First delivery is expected in summer 2018.

13 Likes

I can understand the decision! Is better for Easyjet! The best low-cost airline.(my opinion)

4 Likes

Are they abandoning the a319?

They’re doing the same as Jetstar. More route damand. I just wonder why these airlines bought A320s in the first place when they’re always full and they could easily fill A321s on most routes.

3 Likes

Maybe for the lesser routes that don’t have as many passengers, unsure though. 😂

2 Likes

This is a good decision on their part and makes sense, since there’s more route demand, this is a simple solution.

6 Likes

We’ve been toying with the Idea of A321’s for a while and due to slot restrictions at some airports we need to send bigger aircraft to free up slots to operate other routing. This combined with an airline cancelling an order of A321 NEO’s was the reason we opted for them

2 Likes

It sounds like a very good choice indeed. I think it’s a perfect aircraft for easyJet to add to their fleet, it will fit in seamlessly with very little new training and appropriate maintenance facilities already in place!

New goal: fly the new 321NEOs for EasyJet in the future 👌🏼

4 Likes

235!? 😳😳 I thought Frontiers 230 seats were tight 😂

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.