EASA responds to AIBN report on CHC Helikopter Service Flight 241

The European Aviation Safety Agency is now saying Accident Investigation Board Norway’s (AIBN) investagation crash of CHC Helikopter Service Flight 241 final report contains "a number of opinions and hypotheses”
The report states that the Airbus H225 “Super Puma”
The report emphasizes that post-investigation actions after the crash of a Super Puma (registration G-REDL) off the coast of Scotland in 2009 were not sufficient to prevent another main rotor loss. But the EASA has come back stating “that the decisions it made after the G-REDL accident “were based on the knowledge available at the time, and the actions put in place were justified and commonly agreed on”

Unfortunately Airbus is still struggling to convince some major offshore oil-and-gas operators, and their customers, that they can trust the H225. Bristow fleet of Airbus H225s are still grounded, as part of an “operational suspension” out of 20 in the Bistrow’s fleet, 4 have been sent back to their leasers, while the 16 are hoping to be sold.

Era Group has received $42 million from Airbus as part of the settlement of an ongoing lawsuit related to Era’s purchase of 11 H225 Super Pumas.

(The Airbus H225 “Super Puma”)

2 Likes

That’s not good…

This my friends is why Boeing is better… 😂

1 Like

I feel bad for Airbus - They produce a great helicopter, unfortunately this was a horrible incident for Airbus specially since the piece was a 3rd party.

1 Like

Oh, mega bummer for it to be a 3rd party…

Airbus isn’t all bad…

1 Like

We don’t need to do that debate again, sorry for starting that, let’s just say that both sides have had difficulty, and there are many opinionated reasons for who is better, sorry for starting that…

2 Likes

Boeing Helicopter’s recently haven’t had any rough times unlike Airbus and their H225.

1 Like

Actually nope wait never mind, I can think of a few…

1 Like

Boeing has built helicopters for years!
The, AH-6 Little Bird, AH-64 Apache, Boeing Model 234 (Civie Chinook), The Boeing Model 360, Boeing Vertol 107-II (Civie CH46), Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight,Boeing CH-47 Chinook, The V22 Osprey, Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche, Sikorsky-Boeing SB-1 Defiant

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.