Early Summer Trip 2023 to Cuba - Return: Miami to St. Louis

Hello folks, this is my trip report as I head back to St. Louis. So, when I left the hotel at 7:30 AM in Miami, I went plane spotting before heading to the airport to catch my connecting flight to LaGuardia that leaves at 12:10 PM EDT and arrives there at 3:23 PM EDT. This was AA1356 MIA-LGA. Then arriving at LaGuardia, I transferred to my next gate for AA2985 LGA-STL that was scheduled to depart at 5:05 PM EDT and arrive at 6:59 PM CDT. I hope you enjoy this trip report.

First Flight: American Airlines Flight 1356 - Miami to New York LaGuardia πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Origin: Miami International Airport (KMIA)
Destination: LaGuardia Airport (KLGA)
Flight Time: 2hrs 39mins
Server: Expert

At Gate D6 at MIA, ready to board my flight to LaGuardia. The flight is taxiing to RWY 8R for takeoff

Ok, someone spotted my plane that is about to enter RWY 8R for takeoff out of MIA. And off we go, we are airborne. Goodbye Miami! C y again. What a great time in Miami.

Banking left few minutes after takeoff, leaving MIA airport behind, flying over Miami Beach 🏝️. Looks so amazing when flying over the beach in an eastern flow takeoff, which is taking off towards the east. We then reached our cruising altitude of FL370, flying over Daytona Beach as flight attendants served as Pretzels and I chose Sprite while I was listening to music.

Flying over northern part of New Jersey as we get near LGA airport. You can barely see EWR airport on the left, like the top left. Then, we are on short final RWY 4 for touchdown at LGA airport.

After landing, bout to cross RWY 31, before taxiing to our arrival gate. And thus, we arrived at Terminal B Gate 14 at LGA airport. Welcome to the Big Apple πŸŽπŸ—½πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ once again, but connecting.

That completes the first flight. Now heading to Terminal B Gate 19 for my flight home to St. Louis

Final Flight: American Airlines Flight 2985 - New York LaGuardia to St. Louis πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Aircraft: Airbus A319
Origin: LaGuardia Airport (KLGA)
Destination: St. Louis Lambert Int’l Airport (KSTL)
Flight Time: 2hrs 4mins

My ride to STL at Terminal B Gate 19 at LGA. Taxiing to RWY 4 for takeoff out of LGA airport

Entering RWY 4 for takeoff and we are airborne to St. Louis. Goodbye LGA

Banking left, flying over NYC as we fly over Pennsylvania climbing out of LGA airport. Cruising at FL340, as we are served Pretzels once again with this time I got Coca Cola.

Turning onto left downwind RWY 11 for landing in STL, we are flying over Florissant, my area in St. Louis. We are then on short final RWY 11 for touchdown in STL

Just landed and arrived back to St Louis at Gate C18, the same gate that I departed from going to Miami before heading to Havana. Hello and Welcome back to STL.

That completes the Early Summer 2023 trip to Cuba. Time to head to baggage claim and exit the airport for me to head home. I hope you enjoyed my trip reports and I will be doing them again soon. So, be safe and have a blessed day/night.

14 Likes

I saw you! I was American 1578 inbound to MBJ

1 Like

@ThatOneFloridaAvGeek, where? Like going from LGA to STL or MIA to LGA?

MIA-LGA

1 Like

I went on a 4hr flight from LAX to MDX