Early Morning Catches @ London Heathrow (inc. Part 2!)

I’ve been meaning to upload these for a while now. This lot was actually taken last November when I was at LHR to get a flight to GCM via MIA. The hotel I was staying at had a balcony/terrace and so being the over enthusiastic plane person that I am, I rushed out there equipped just with my iPhone 6. Sprry about the quality of some of them. I wasn’t expecting to be doing that - but enjoy anyway.

29 Likes

That looks really cool! It looks like the cars on the right in picture three are flying :)

Pretty cool pictures! ;)

What hotel was it? Is you don’t mind me asking

Nice pictures!

Neato I would say. You were right by the runway.

1 Like

I think this is from the Thistle?

No not the Thistle. I’m trying to think of it now.

EDIT: Turns out it was the Thistle, I was thinking it was a Comfort Inn but it was indeed that one. @ATK @AdamCallow

2 Likes

Nice pictures! :)

Thanks! I was surprised that it was so close to the runway to be honest…

1 Like

Yay, you caught the Qantas A380!

1 Like

Indeed, it was actually the first plane I saw after arriving on the balcony that morning. Coming from SYD via DXB. A very special plane to see.

1 Like

I also love seeing the A340 and the A318s. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

No problem. Yeah the A340 was also a great spot. I don’t think there were A318s that morning, just A319s coming from Central Europe by BA. 😊

1 Like

I’m going back to GCM again in October from Manchester, so maybe I’ll get a hotel room there over the airport as it would be another early start. 👀

Umm that looks like a good one…sorry it’s slightly off topic but I had to share that.

1 Like

Oops I sometimes can’t tell them apart 😳

I love how the first four photos are all in size order.

2 Likes

Easily mistaken my friend. 😉

1 Like

Last three all have 4 engines 😮

Lots and lots of horsepower…

1 Like