EAA Young Eagles

Has anyone done this program before? I am starting tomorrow and want to know what to expect and see. Thanks!

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily know because I was apart of CAP for 2 years, but my friend had mentioned this. I believe you undergo a little flight physics, basic hands on flight simulators, and you get to see the difference between a engine powered aircraft and an none engine aircraft flys… Sounds fun and exactly like CAP, hope you have fun :)

2 Likes

It’s the best program for youth interested in aviation out there. Without young eagles I probably wouldn’t have any interest in aviation whatsoever. Took my first flight with them in 2010. Haven’t looked back since. They sent me to Oshkosh in 2016 and sending me back again this year. I’ve gotten the chance to meet a ton of people my age who love aviation that I probably would never have met otherwise. They’re huge on getting the youth involved in aviation and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the flight. They might even let you take the controls for a bit, but I cant guarantee anything. Let us know how it goes. It’s a great program, and ask about the scholarships they offer!

2 Likes

Those eagles in that chapter are so lucky!

Personally, as a member of CAP, I wish I would have chosen EAA Young Eagles instead. CAP is more of military training than flying.

1 Like

EAA is awesome. That’s how I got my first GA airplane ride back in the 5th grade. And now I’m helping out for three years straight out at the local airport for airport day

1 Like

I am starting EAA soon as well! It was recommended to me by a classmate in school and now I am trying it out. I feel like it’s going to be really fun!

1 Like

Cool, i took my first GA ride in 3rd grade, and 5 years later am happy to start lessons with eaa

2 Likes

Is there an equivalent in the UK preferably Scotland.

Your best hope would be the Air Cadets, failing that if you’re planning on going to a university then you can visit a careers office beforehand and try and get the RAF to sponsor you. The trick is, you don’t actually have to join up upon graduation unless you still really want to.

1 Like

Is the Equivalent to Air Cadets?

No but we don’t have a free flight training program that I’m aware of in the UK. Other than air cadets.

UPDATE : They gave me a membership to Sporty’s Learn To Fly, so I am working in my Private License while I am only 13 years old!

1 Like

I’ve done it before, and it is so cool and fun! You’ll have a great time. :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.