EAA AirVenture 2021 - Your Community Guide and Airshow Thread!

AirVenture 2021 - The Wait is Over!

About AirVenture Your Guide to Oshkosh Schedule and Event Highlights

After nearly 2 years of waiting, another AirVenture is here! EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is a yearly aviation event that takes place in Oshkosh, Wisconsin! Each year, thousands of aircraft fly in and out of KOSH and join the gathering! This event is so popular that KOSH becomes the worlds busiest airport for the week of EAA AirVenture with a 2019 record of 16,807 Aircraft Operations during an eleven day period, 642,000 total attendees during the 7 day event period, more than 10,000 aircraft visited KOSH during the week, and roughly 863 Commercial exhibitors! They really do not joke around when they call it “The Worlds Greatest Aviation Celebration!” As an Oshkosh resident and employee of EAA, it is my pleasure to make this informational page and discussion area for the 2021 event!

About EAA AirVenture

As stated above, is an annual air show and gathering of aviation enthusiasts held each summer at KOSH airport! Here, roughly 860 companies and vendors show off their newest and best aviation products, daily airshows happen, and is home to the largest fly-in event in the world! For more information on EAA and it’s history, please check out the following Wikipedia Page.

2021 Information

Dates: 2021-07-26T05:00:00Z2021-08-01T05:00:00Z

Price: All Prices are in USD and are subject to change.

Ticket Type Price Ticket Type Price
Daily Tickets (EAA Member) (Adult): $35.00 Daily Tickets (EAA Non-Member) (Adult): $49.00
Daily Tickets (EAA Member) (Youth): FREE Daily Tickets (EAA Non-Member) (Youth): FREE
Weekly Tickets (EAA Member) (Adult): $122.00 Weekly Tickets (EAA Non-Member) (Adult): Not Available
Weekly Tickets (EAA Member) (Youth): FREE Weekly Tickets (EAA Non-Member) (Youth): FREE
Parking (Week Pass) (Member Only) $60.00 Daily (On Site) / Daily (Online) $15 / $10

For more ticket options, to purchase the tickets, or to view current prices, please see this website

Your Guide to Oshkosh

Hey there! If you didn’t know I am an Oshkosh Native and have lived here for 10 years! Here’s some information about the city! With a population of 66,000 and nestled on the beautiful waters of Lake Butte de Morts, Lake Winnebago, and the Fox River, Oshkosh is one of the most beautiful cities you will ever see! Home to some of the most popular Wisconsin events, Oshkosh is best known as the “Event City!” Home to EAA AirVenture, Country USA, Rock USA, Waterfest, the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh, the Wisconsin Herd (NBA G-league affiliate), and much more. There are few ways to become bored while you are here! Below I have highlighted some of the best restaurants, hotels, stores, and events/points of interest in Oshkosh!

Popular Restaurants

Fast Food: McDonalds, Culvers, Chick-Fil-A, Dunkin Doughnuts, Starbucks, A&W, Hardees, Arby’s, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Cousins Subs, Firehouse Subs, Jersey Mikes Sub’s, Panera Bread.

Jarrett’s Highlighted Fast Food Option: Ardy’s and Ed’s Drive-In: A 1950’s style drive-in with great American-Style food including burgers, fries, and shakes. They even bring your food out via rollerblade waiters!

Fancy: Bar 430, Gardina’s, The Roxy Supper Club, Manila Resto, Ruby Owl, TJ’s Highland Steakhouse, Benvenuto’s.

Jarrett’s Highlighted Fancy Option: Becket’s: An on-the water restaurant with vegan, vegetarian, and other options. This venue has both inside and outside on-the-water seating options! With average prices and great food this is a can’t miss!

Pizza: Pizza Ranch, Rocky Rococo, Marco’s Pizza, Christianos, Dominos, Little Caesars, Players Pizza and Pub, Doctor Benzies Pizza, Papa John’s, Papa Murphy’s.

Jarrett’s Highlighted Pizza Option: Politos Pizza: Home of the Big Slice! This pizza place will sure fill you up! With cheap, delicious options and excellent portions, this pizza parlor is one you don’t want to miss!

Casual: Red Robin, Mineshaft, Fox River Brewing Company, Ground Round, Dockside Tavern, Fuki, Sakura.

Jarrett’s Highlighted Casual Option: TJ’s Harbor: An on-the-water restaurant with both inside and outside seating options, casual atmosphere, and great food!

If there are multiple of the restaurant in the area, I linked the closest one to the AirVenture grounds!

Hotels in the Area

Please note there are many more options in the area and this is just a small sampling! I recommend you conduct more research before coming, this is just to help you out!

How to get to Oshkosh: Airports, City Transit, and More!

Oshkosh does offer a public transportation system for more information please visit GO Transit - City of Oshkosh Transportation Department. In addition, it is very common for guests to go to a nearby thrift shop such as Goodwill or Saint Vincent de Paul and purchase an inexpensive bike for the week. At the end of the week you may leave these at the bike racks at the AirVenture grounds - they do get donated back at the end of the week by EAA staff.

To get an Uber or Lyft please click on the respective links for guidance. Please note that these may be expensive, especially during the event week!

Airports that are suitable for AirVenture

Let’s say that you aren’t flying in, but are still flying (commercially) to AirVenture? Check out the table below for transit times as well as types of service!

Airport Service Type Transit Time to AirVenture
KATW (Appleton INTL) Regional Airliners, Allegiant, Private 28 Minutes
KGRB (Green Bay INTL) Regional Airliners, Frontier, Private 51 Minutes
KMKE (Milwaukee INTL) US Domestic Service + Canada, Private 1 Hour 32 Minutes
KORD (Chicago O’Hare INTL) US Domestic Service + International Service 2 Hours 37 Minutes
KMDW (Chicago Midway) US Domestic Service + South North America 3 Hours 6 Minutes
KMSP (Minneapolis Saint Paul) US Domestic and International Service 4 Hours and 20 Minutes

Things to do / Shopping in Oshkosh!

Are you looking to spend some fun time here in Oshkosh! You came to the correct place! Below are some of my favorite places to shop, have fun, and much more!

Things to do: The Menominee Park / Zoo, Paine Art Center and Gardens, Oshkosh Public Museum, Wiowash Trail, Oshkosh Country Club, Pollock Community Waterpark, Military Veterans Museum, Escape Oshkosh, Marcus Cinemas, Blades and Boards, Rev’s Bowling Alley, Settlers Mill Golf and Games, Mineshaft Arcade

Event Calendar for Oshkosh Week of July 25-Aug 1

Shopping: Target, Aldi, Walmart, Ross, TJ Maxx, 5 Below, The Outlet Shops at Oshkosh.

Schedule and Event Highlights!

This year is surely one to remember. With an anticipated capacity of over 625,000 people and a record breaking 17,000 aircraft movements, this event is one you DO NOT want to miss! As always, AirVenture will be broken up into 8 special areas. Let’s check them out!

Boeing Plaza: The marquee display area home to many featured attractions, ranging from historic warbirds to the latest innovations in flight.
Homebuilts: Marvel at craftsmanship and dedication as you walk among the thousands of homebuilt aircraft flown to Oshkosh.
Warbirds: See historic World War II-, Korea-, and Vietnam-era military aircraft at one of the most popular attractions.
Vintage: Take a trip way back in time to the early years of aviation where authentic and replica aircraft will bring you back to its roots.
Ultralights and Rotorcraft: Take in the laid-back style the lighter side of Oshkosh offers.
Aerobatics: The world’s best aerobatic performers and their aircraft converge each year at Oshkosh.
Seaplane Base: Splash down at the Seaplane Base, nestled deep in the trees in a picturesque cove along Lake Winnebago.
Museum: Included with your admission wristband is access to the EAA Aviation Museum and its hundreds of rare and unique airplanes.

Daily Air Shows

Air Show Time
Monday Daily Airshow 2021-07-26T19:30:00Z2021-07-26T23:00:00Z
Tuesday Daily Airshow 2021-07-27T19:30:00Z2021-07-27T23:00:00Z
Wednesday Daily Airshow 2021-07-28T19:30:00Z2021-07-28T23:00:00Z
Wednesday Night Airshow 2021-07-29T01:00:00Z2021-07-29T03:00:00Z
Thursday Daily Airshow 2021-07-29T19:30:00Z2021-07-29T23:00:00Z
Friday Daily Airshow 2021-07-30T19:30:00Z2021-07-30T23:00:00Z
Saturday Daily Airshow 2021-07-31T19:30:00Z2021-07-31T23:00:00Z
Saturday Night Airshow 2021-08-01T01:00:00Z2021-08-01T03:00:00Z
Sunday Daily Airshow 2021-08-01T18:00:00Z2021-08-01T21:30:00Z

Forums and Workshop Schedule

AirVenture offers hundreds of workshops and forums on topics ranging from ATC and you: Guides to effective ATC phraseology and speaking, to workshops on fabrics and welding! Check out the schedule below and make an itinerary for yourself!

Special Events

AirVenture is home to lots of events including WomenVenture, KidVenture, Aviation Job Fair, and so much more! Check out the following webpage for more details!

Aircraft Rides at AirVenture

Want to join in on the fun and ride in a B-25, Helicopter, or Ford Tri-Motor? Check out the following webpage for details on these unique experiences! I personally have done the Helicopter ride multiple times and it is well worth every penny! Check it out! Please note some rides are only available for purchase at AirVenture in-person.

Become a part of AirVenture history - Volunteer!

Without the help of hundreds of Volunteer’s, EAA AirVenture would not be possible! In 2019, over 5,500 volunteers helped make AirVenture happen! If the constant sound of airplanes and the ability to help thousands doesn’t sound like fun, you also get a free T-shirt! What more could you want? Check it out below!

Whether you’re watching from home during the live stream, or you’re in-person, I hope you are able to enjoy EAA AirVenture; it truly is an amazing event. If you have any questions or would like to meet up with me or other community members, post your plans and/or questions down below! As always, blueskies and tailwinds until the next time I see you! Special thanks to @ShaneAviation, @JulietTango, @LordWizrak for spelling check help, and to @Suhas for the banner!

35 Likes

It should be an amazing AirVenture, although, it’s kind of sad that we won’t see IF there this year. I’ll most likely end up going at least one of the days throughout the week, and I hope anyone else who comes enjoys their time at EAA. Also, great topic, Jarrett, really well put together!

5 Likes

Nice thread @JarrettFlies. I’ll be volunteering the whole week. See ya there! 🥳👋🏻

4 Likes

I wonder what unexpected displays we might have this year! Should be a fun one.

1 Like

Awesome guide, won’t be there this year. But I should be next year!

1 Like

Lovely guide. I’ll be there in attendance with only a few days volunteering!

1 Like

Speculation…

USN Blue Angels are in Fargo, North Dakota for an airshow on the 24th-25th. They have an airshow in Alaska the next weekend. Most likely they’d make the trip up Wednesday-Thursday for the practice airshow on Friday.

USAF Thunderbirds were supposed to have an airshow in Milwaukee the weekend before AirVenture: but the airshow has since been cancelled due to COVID. They don’t have to be anywhere until mid-day Wednesday - in Wyoming.

It wouldn’t shock me if we saw both teams perform early on in the week at AirVenture.

4 Likes

That would be awesome! It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve had a surprise from either one of the teams! I guess we’ll have to keep our eyes peeled to the skies. 😍

1 Like

Wish I was there this year! Oshkosh is one of my favorite places in the world.

1 Like

What can I say, we know how to throw a partayyy 😎

3 Likes

Awesome stuff, Jared! Can’t wait to meet some of you this year. 🥳

2 Likes

Would love to be there! I am currently a member of EAA.

1 Like

Does IF have a booth or something at the airshow?

1 Like

I will be there Friday and Saturday. Would love to meet some of you infinite flight avgeeks 🙂

4 Likes

They typically do but have not reserved one this year due to the uncertainty of COVID-19.

3 Likes

Hey there AirVenture enthusiasts!

Today, I got hired at EAA as a Special Operations Team Personnel. That means this year I will be walking around the grounds answering questions, giving tours of aircraft on Boeing Plaza, and much more! Let me know if you are interested in meeting up!

In addition, today UPS announced that they will be brining their 747-8F for a few days! Keep your eyes open for more commercial and freighter aircraft announcements, there are a few more on the way!

4 Likes

Anybody planning a fly-in event for AirVenture? Would be awesome to have one on IF!

1 Like

EAA AirVenture 2021 - The Unofficial Meetup!

The month of July is officially here! With that being said, it’s time to get ready for AirVenture 2021! Start packing your sunscreen, water bottles, and Aviation-themed apparel as we head to one of the greatest aviation celebrations in the world!

This month as thousands of airplanes descend upon Oshkosh for the annual celebration, I will be hosting an Unofficial Infinite Flight Meetup! You can find all of the details below! If you are interested in joining in on the fun, make sure you reply to this message and I will add you to the attendees list! Please note if you signup and are unable to make it that is okay! This is just for a rough estimate!

Who? - All members of this Community heading to EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2021!
What? - An unofficial meetup so we can meet each other in real-life!
When? - 2021-07-30T22:00:00Z
Where? - Right outside of the EAA “Learn to Fly” Center! (EAA Map)

Make sure to bring a positive attitude, any friends/family, and your Infinite Flight apparel! I hope to see you all there!

Attendees

8 Likes

I’ll see ya there @JarrettFlies!

1 Like

This is a very well put together thread! Great job!

1 Like