Dublin Airport North Runway

Is there an intention to add the new North runway 28R - 10L to Dublin Airport in the next Airport update.

That’s probably a job for the Airport Editing Team.

1 Like

I looked at all the imagery sources earlier today. The runway isn’t on the imagery yet. No imagery, no update. I am on the IFAET and can prove it isn’t coming in the next unless new imagery comes very soon.

1 Like

Until there will be good satellite images of the new runway there’s nothing IFAET can do. And also just a heads up, they don’t take requests, but I would assume it would be taken pretty quickly after the satellite imagery becomes available just because it’s Dublin

1 Like

The runway isn’t even finished yet let alone has satellite imagery. It will be added once the runway is actually complete and satellite imagery is available ✈️☘️

1 Like

We at IFAET depend upon charts and satellite imagery to edit airports. Someone will add it whenever good imagery is available

North Runway (28R / 10L) won’t be completed until early 2021 and will be followed by 9 months of commissioning and testing. COVID-19 may have slowed construction even further. Still many months left before we may see this in Infinite Flight 😪

1 Like

Adding on to Conor, the IFAET have to scourge over satellite imagery to get the layout exactly right. I’m not IFAET, but I would imagine it takes time.

To answer as exactly as posible what is asked:
No.
To answer more general:
Yes, we try to keep all major airports up to date, and even many minor ones. When sufficient imagery from one of the sources we have is available it is sure that we will update it.

Regards,
Tom, IFAET supervisor

1 Like