DS2001's ATC tracking Thread - [CLOSED] (Expert server)

Hello all! I been an IFATC for 3 years (40.5k ops)(joined late 2015), left IFATC for one year due to school and some other stuff, but now I am planning on rejoining again. I already passed the theoretical test, and this Friday I have my practical one. I would like to practice a few times, just to make sure I didn’t forget anything.

I will be online on EDDL (Düsseldorf) 11:00 Zulu today. Hope to see you all and please say if I make mistakes!

Display Name: Dylan NL

Server: Training Server

Airport: EDDL

Frequencies: GND and TWR

2 Likes

I will come down :)

1 Like

I’m not sure in this case, but I believe that last call out (I’m on final 23L full stop) isn’t necessary, since I already cleared you for the option (which also means full stop right?). Normally I would say alrdy cleared to land avoid… but I’m not sure in this case, since you added information about a full stop.
@Luke_King-kong

1 Like

Well, at the end it is about doing as much as possible As clear as possible with as less possible messages, so I would say that last call out wasn’t needed

1 Like

Hello, so you cleared me for the option and yes, that can also mean full stop. But the reason I said one final, full stop, is to let tower know that I will take longer to get off the runway. So of there is traffic very close to me behind they can plan a go around if I take too long to get off the runway. Or that is what I have been told by some IFATC :)

Anyway this is the feedback:

• It was amazing, all instructions were really fact and correct.
  • I requested frequency change and you said already instructed etc which is splendid.
  • Make left traffic was all fine
  • Runway change was perfect
  • Transition altitude was correct.

Only thing is at the end, I taxied through grass. You ether did not see that or could not find the command not to do that.

Apart from that all was great :)

Haha didn’t see that xd, doing something other stuff aswell, since there was basically no one except of you. Which I want to thank you for!

1 Like

Haha, thank you for the great ATC. (So sorry, them landings were horrible. Don’t go to your replay and watch them, haha!)

2 Likes

on my way!

2 Likes

Just so you know, pattern altitude is for airliners around 1500 ft I believe. I’m real world 2000 ft this says: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/airplane_handbook/media/09_afh_ch7.pdf

1 Like

Just to clarify: My last go around happened because i was not on speed.
Seperation was fine :D

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw it, np! Pilots can always go around:) pilots have to always think they have to go around, until the last moment and they are 100% sure they can land (a pilot once told me)

2 Likes

Good to see you back Dylan! 🇳🇱 🌷

2 Likes

If you like and you have time you can join, two other dutch guys will come aswell in 15 mins!

1 Like

I am open again on EDDL, practical test tonight!

I’ll be passing by [KAC021]

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I will try to revise with you all the tower work so I may be here for 15 minutes 😂

1 Like

Thanks! Hopefully some others join aswell, so I can sequence

Just give me 2 minutes I’ll call my friends

2 Likes

That would be great!