Drifting on takeoff?

Why am I drifting on takeoff?

1 Like

Please explain in detail

As Sean said, more info needed to help us help you.

Examples:

• is this happening in solo or Live mode?
  • what are your weather settings (if solo) or the local weather (Live)
  • does this happen at the first airport you’ve taken off from, or second/third/n-th airport in your flight plan, where you’ve already flown some distance?

The more detail, in the most-logical flow of steps to reproduce this case, you can provide, the better our assistance will be.

2 Likes

A little more info would help. This is pretty vague…

Are you playing while down hill skiing or going ‘2.7 seconds on a bull name Fumanchu’?

2 Likes

Taking off even with no wind. Live/solo. Happening when first taking off. Thanks for the help everyone.

In settings, is your Auto-Coordination (coupling of the ailerons and rudder on the ground) enabled? If so, disable it and try taking off again.

1 Like

Maybe this should be in Support category? I very much doubt there is a bug in the takeoff physics.

2 Likes

Still drifting. thanks for the response.

Yeah possibly. I’m out of ideas for now. I personally have not experienced anything like this. Perhaps post your device model and the operating system version as well - i doubt that has an influence, but who knows? Maybe it’s affecting a specific range of devices

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

My experience on solo mode can show a drift especially if you have been using your device for some time. One thing to try is to shut down all apps open up an app using the gyro - for example download a compass app and use it to exercise the accelerometer in your device then restart Infinite Flight. I have also found the Live app to be more stable. My preference is definitely the Advanced Server for stability. Hope this helps. Also you might want to make sure you set your flaps to say 5% for takeoff and retract at 1000-3000 ft

Do you recommend setting flaps to 5% in a 737-700

For takeoff I’d go around 5-10 flaps, landing you generally want full, though some aircraft have flaps even up to 37!!! Landing in my opinion should generally not go above 30, or at most 35 unless it is a complete emergency. I’m no expert but there are some tutorials on this if you have a search.

1 Like

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Typical flap setting for a 737 is 5 degrees. Some companies use 1 degree flaps.
Less flaps means less drag, better acceleration and better fuel economy.

Flaps 1, 5 and 15 are normal takeoff flaps but 15 is rarely used. Flaps 10 is not a normal flap setting for takeoff. The flaps and takeoff thrust settings are all calculated by the load controllers based on weight, weather, runway length and obstacle clearance. One day you might use flaps 1 and the next on the same runway use flaps 5.

American Airlines and Westjet almost always use flaps 1 for take off.
Continental, SWAT, KAL and Alaska pretty much always use flaps 5 for takeoff.

Flaps 25 takeoffs are regularly used in Rio de Janeiro and common for Maui.

Thank you for response.

1 Like

what is an email I can email a video to?

I have also been experiencing this lately. Especially while flying the smaller aircraft. I have over 320 hrs of flight time so i should have this taking off/landing stuff down. The problem when taking off is during V1, just before pulling up the plane wants to dart off course. For landing it happens almost immediately after touching down.

1 Like

I get this from time to time. In a 767 or 777, as soon as I reach v1 and the nose gear lifts off, sometimes the plane starts to pull to the left. Rwy was 24L, wind 220 5 knots. Perhaps the wind caused it, I’ve never been sure, but it has me wondering every takeoff. Usually I’ll combat it with a slight right rudder until positive climb.

1 Like