Dreamliner hit, sustained wing damage in Chile

Was reading this on Facebook. Enjoy!

Two Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft of LATAM Airlines Chile sustained damage in a ground collision at Santiago-Arturo Merino Benitez Airport in Chile.
Boeing 787-9 reg CC-BGD, sustained scraping damage to the leading edge of the left hand wing tip. The aircraft had arrived as flight LA501 from Miami at 07:33 hours local time.
The other aircraft involved in the incident was likely Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, reg CC-BBC. This aircraft sustained damage to the right hand horizontal stabilizer. It had arrived from New York-JFK Airport as flight LA533 at 07:21 hours local time.

Photos Credit: Adrian

20 Likes

Wow a brutal wing scrape. They should fix that

4 Likes

compare other damages, not such a biggy

1 Like

@nicochile2 did you know about this?

It crushed your dreams. Literally.

3 Likes

Just put duct tap on it and it will be just fine

7 Likes

Should be fine if it didn’t damage anything on the inside, just replace the panels and go.

1 Like

Right. Not more than a few million dollars I’m sure.

8 Likes

Probably nothing over a hundred thousand if it’s just replacing the slat panels. It will be a different story if the slat drive was damaged, then we might see a seven-figure bill. Costs of doing business I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Holy moly!!! Just woke up!

1 Like

2 Dreamliners as well… maybe important because it may take long to replace the panels and it may interrump LATAM’s 787 operations… they still have like 20 more 787s though

1 Like

That’s some big mistake.

Wheres the Airbus fans? Oh wait i am one. Well thats a good incident to destroy your reputation Boeing.

2 Likes

How exactly is this damaging to Boeing’s reputation??

2 Likes

The Wing lol obviously?

1 Like

Sure, the wings are damaged…but that’s not Boeing’s fault the jets collided. I’m not sure if you’re serious or just joking.

7 Likes

nasty scrape, SOMEBODY DONE MESSED UP. lol I’d hate to be anyone involved in this, pilot. ground and even flight attendant hahaha

3 Likes

Tiger balm.

4 Likes

Poor 787 😧😧😢😢😢😥😥😪😪

1 Like

Obviously a sign that LATAM should buy more a350 :P

5 Likes