Dreaming About What Could've Been | Spotting @KDEN 3/15/20

Hello again,
I hope everyone is healthy and doing well in these troubling times! As the world around us feels as if it is crashing down on us, I decided to take the time to go spotting while I still could. I was in Denver because I was originally planning on traveling to Central America on the same day so I felt it was right to go out there and dream about what could’ve been while remembering the reality of what is happening in this world. Keeping my social distance, I went to the Mt. Elbert Parking Lot and spotted arrivals on 35L! Here are some of the photos:

Frontier Airlines Airbus A320 “Grizwald the Bear” livery (N227FR) from Norfolk:

Frontier Airlines Airbus A320NEO “Stretch the Great Blue Heron” livery (N334FR) from Bentonville, AR:

A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-8H4 (N8540V) from Las Vegas:

A United Airlines Boeing 737-800 (N24224) from Miami:

A Skywest Airlines Embraer E175 (N209SY) from Richmond:

A Delta Airlines Boeing 737-900 (N864DN) from Atlanta:

The following four photos are of a FedEx McDonnel Douglas DC-10-30F (N316FE) from Memphis:

Final approach onto 35L:

Exiting taxiway Mike:

Heading to the cargo apron:

Photos taken with Canon Rebel T6 (75-300mm lens)

Other Spotting Topics (Past 6 Months)

Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 2

Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 1

On the Hillside | Spotting @KEGE 2/29/20

A Day at Sky Harbor | Spotting @KPHX 2/13/20

Busy Winter Day | Spotting @KEGE 12/21/19

Spotting @KGWS 10/19/19 EAA Rally

Be sure to check out my Instagram! You can view more photos taken by me here: 👇

Thank you for viewing my photos! If you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions, I would love to hear them! Also, comment your favorite below! Stay safe and healthy everyone!

25 Likes

These are awesome! The lighting, the aircraft are centered, beautiful liveries, and everything!

Great work 👍

1 Like

Very impressive! My favorite is definitely the Southwest

1 Like

Thank you! I figure you are looking for your dose of birb pictures so I made sure to take the time and get some! Here is one for you and @Robertine! ;-)

I know this is partly cheating the ten pictures rule but it was so cool to see. All of the fire response trucks at DEN responded to some form of emergency on the cargo apron and they all passed right by me! Here is a photo:

7 Likes

Lovely photos! I always enjoy seeing spotting topics from Colorado. I am just wondering though, your trip to Central America got cancelled but you still drove all the way from Glenwood Springs to go spotting at DIA??

1 Like

Those are beautiful!

1 Like

No I was already in Denver because a family member was having surgery. That’s part of the reason why we canceled was so that we could make sure he had a good recovery.

1 Like

Ah I see, best wishes to your family member, and hopefully you’ll be able to head down the Central America sometime soon :)

Cheers!

1 Like

We’ve got a good group of DEN spotters. Always enjoy seeing the topics you guys throw together.

3 Likes

@DeerCrusher we definitely do! I believe Denver and really all of Colorado has one of the best spotting communities in the world! I rarely see such similarities in people and it is so great to see people coming together to share an interest. Just like here on the IFC!

@Moosehead08 thank you for your kind words! As you can imagine, it has been a little tough for my family as he remains in the recovery process. It is this kind of support like I mentioned above that is just wonderful to see!

1 Like

Great photos! This could just be my eyes, but your photos seem to be a bit too far on the cold side. Maybe your white balance is off? Could just be me - but lovely shots nonetheless.

1 Like

Nice!

The birb looks amazing :)

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I think it might’ve been the lighting. There was a layer of high level cirrus clouds that were messing with the evening light. I tried my best to fix it and this is what I ended up with.

1 Like

That’s very true! I’ve gotten to know some various community members, but sadly haven’t met anyone yet (@den.aviation lol)
Great pictures! I hope you enjoyed DEN!

2 Likes

I didn’t mention this but I actually met Hayden (speedbird_5280 on IG) while I was out there! I am hoping we can get another meet up again this summer. I think that would be really cool!

1 Like

Maybe with the greater Denver spotting community! That would be very nice!

2 Likes

Hayden is a real homie. He has excellent pictures too.

1 Like

Awesome shots watts

1 Like

Is that… a

BIRB???

and it’s COLORFUL!!!

1 Like

Thanks, I knew that you would like that one. It is a lot better quality than that usual ones cause I didn’t use my phone for once! 🤣

1 Like