Dream Chaser completes First Captive Carry Test

This is such a cool thing that is going to completely change the space, and in a whole, the aviation industry. Check it out!

5 Likes

General is for IF related topics Not #real-world-aviation

4 Likes

Dream Chaser, what a lovely name for such a dinky zoomie thingie. Incredibly interesting though. I wonder about the price differences it will have in the future between using this and the current methods for delivering cargo to ISS.

3 Likes

We know that NASA pays SpaceX $132.2 million USD for every Dragon capsule flight. The SNC Dream Chaser is more complex, has more cross-range capability (fancy way of saying flexibility on where it can land), and is launching on a rocket that is much more expensive. I would say that it will cost NASA around 195-215 million USD per launch to the ISS.

1 Like

Super cool looking aircraft! Has some resemblance to the Space Shuttle.

I knew that. 😂 I was running out of time and forgot to change it. Thank you!

1 Like

Space Shuttle cannot be replaced, don’t know why they want to make one, either accept the Falcon 9 is the next step, or go forward two more steps and bring back the space shuttle.

Isn’t Elon Musk trying to do this with SpaceX?

1 Like

With SpaceX, NASA awarded a contract to the company in 2008. I think they have attached a commercial craft to the ISS before. Though, I believe the ultimate goal is for commercial tourism to Mars.

1 Like

Not entirely sure. I read somewhere that Musk “magically” increased drive capability of Teslas used for Irma evacuation. Sounded pretty interesting.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.