Drains my battery (SOLVED)

So, I love this game. Made my first transatlantic flight from GUCY to SBRT. Took me 7 hours to do. Although it was a 3 hour flight.

I noticed, however, even with power saver mode on my phone and the game, it still slowly drains my battery. No other game does that, other than this one.

I’m running the game, as well as IFAssitant.

Sometimes the game even drains battery while closed, and I have to force kill it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

And tips?

Lowering brightness, limiting frame rate and keeping it on charge can help. You can lower the audio too to conserve power.

Hey this has happened to me before try this suggestion I hope it works 😉🙂

Limit brightness also limit frame rate to maximise battery life

I have.

Sometimes still drains

Or it’s hard to see during night flights.

Game audio?
Or phone audio?

Make sure low power battery saving mode on IF is turned on and limit frame rate. Once at cruise then turn your brightness on your device down.

Well night flights do help the battery a bit but do normal day flights then put limit frame rate on and the brightness low this should help the battery life increase you won’t notice it but it will help

You made mention that it was closed? The app is not designed to be minimized and still run. If you minimize the app while you are flying your plane will not continue until you launch the app again. This may be why it took 7 hours to do a 3 hour flight.

The biggest drains to the battery are the screen brightness, low power mode, and limit frame rate. It is also recommended that you use a high quality charger and limit background apps running

Also use a charger while conducting your flight

A high quality Lighting to lighting USB or android charger can withstand a great amount of force due to the fact you need pitch up and down and bank right and left constantly is recommended

If your phone wasn’t on charge, it seems natural

I also suggest doing regular battery checkups because the health of the battery is most important actually it’s the first priority when doing flights especially ULH(Ultra Long Hauls) so go to on your phone settings-battery and it should show the capacity and health of it high usages of your phone on one day can also stress your battery life and run it flat completely

Right, let the OP come back before anyone else posts. This is quickly turning into everyone throwing ideas before we have any feedback.

I had finished the flight

Closed the app, X’d it

Yet still drained alot battery. Like more than my usual drainage. 1% every min or so.

It’s been solved tho

Don’t forget to tick the post that solved it for you! It helps those who search for a similar topic in the future.

1% a muinet is significantly more than IF seems to do for me eaven when running at a normal brightness, you may want to explore other causes for that…

I suspect your battery is getting old rather than it being an other issue. Your phone is 2 years old assuming you got it on release so wont be working at 100% anymore.

These steps can help in this situation for the Note 5 (discussed with OP in PM). Wanted to share for future issues like this. This is a common issue with the Note 5. See link below for source.

1. Power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up and the Home buttons first, and then press and hold the Power button.
  3. Keep the three buttons pressed and when ‘Samsung Galaxy Note 5’ shows, release the Power button but continue holding the other two.
  4. Once the Android logo shows, release both the Volume Up and Home buttons.
  5. The Recovery Mode Menu will appear.
  6. Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight the option ‘wipe cache partition’ and press the Power key to select that option.
  7. When the process has completed, use the Volume Up and Down buttons to highlight the option ‘Reboot system now’ and press the Power button to restart your phone.
  8. The reboot may take a little longer to complete, so just wait for the device to become active.

Batteries also wear out overtime the longer you’ve had the device for and the fact that it powers the GPU and CPU

I also run

IFAssistant and Passengers.

I am trying to understand how you know that a closed app is draining the battery. There could be a number of other things that can cause a battery drain. After you close it next time you can reset battery stats or download an app to track it and see what is running after it is closed.