“Drag and Taxi” Feature

Glad you liked it. Eventually someday we might get taxiway names but until then we can use this.

2 Likes

I like this idea only for taxi to a specific runway. Sometimes I’ll be trying to go to a specific gate and they will have me park were i shouldn’t unrealistically like Cargo at a passenger gate vice versa or I’m at an Airport I’m familiar with and need to take my plane from an end I didn’t want to land to a gate completely across the airport.

1 Like

This can be used at controllers discretion. They can just inform you initial taxiways then you can taxi at you will while going to parking. By this the controller can solve the conflicts whereas the pilots can get their choice of gates to park.

2 Likes

Bild

Here’s an example how it could look, created by myself.

17 Likes

Wow! Amazing visual image of how this could look in the game. Much more clean than my hand drawn examples. Thank you!

2 Likes

Glad you like it, you can use it for this thread as head imagine if you want. You can mention me small under it :)

2 Likes

I’d totally use it! But it’s been so long since I created this feature request that I can no longer edit it.

2 Likes

Not sure what the coding underneath is like, but since it is almost impossible to draw a straight line, with a finger, on a mobile device, maybe the map could recognize the general direction of the finger-traced path and “snap” it to the correct path as a nice clean straight line. Would definitely be a cool feature and help make taxiing that much more controllable.

On a side note, I’m not sure how realistic ATC drawing out a path on a map is (?) But since ATC would normally call out directions, tracing out the directions on the map and sending it to the pilot, while not 100 percent accurate, seems to me to be a perfectly acceptable means of implementation in game of full taxi directions!

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to look through some of the comments above, but this is what everyone has in mind too! I agree that drawing on a mobile device is tedious and messy, and “snapping” to the correct route is what I was intending to portray in the original post but I think I missed the point a bit (I would edit it but it’s been a up for a couple years now and won’t let me anymore). Great explanation.

3 Likes

I don’t have to explain anything, you guys have explained everything about the interest of developing this on IF !
Now, we need to be heard. Let’s hope to see it in the next uptdates.
A lot of improvements have been made for approaches, Oceanic Track,etc… Now the ground deserves more intention.

5 Likes

Cool Idea you have my vote

3 Likes

IF should add this feature in future updates. I still see too many people getting into the wrong taxiway (and it happens to me too also, so I have to look on Google Maps and Flight Radar 24…).

3 Likes

Hopefully this will solve issues like this.
Voted!

7 Likes

You have my vote .

3 Likes

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

3 Likes

I really hope to see this implemented in Infinite Flight!

2 Likes

What an awesome idea! We actually need this as the ground can get very disorganized at times.

3 Likes

Omg yes! We need this

2 Likes

While I have had a vote on this since it was first created, I do worry about the possible workload for a ground controller during busy sessions. Perhaps there could be a feature where you when you give this you have a" send" option and a “send and save” option appear. Send would send the message, and send and save would send the message but also save the taxi path. That way controllers could reuse paths to reduce workload.

5 Likes

A real good idea. Some airports are there where you want all the exiting aircrafts to go on a specific taxiway and so this can be used alot there.

4 Likes