“Drag and Taxi” Feature

That’s true. I’m not that experienced with ATC so I sometimes don’t know what I’m doing😂

What I mean by easy is when the airport isn’t that busy. Like sometimes SFO only have like 10 planes and it’s kinda boring.

1 Like

@Jack5101. MaxSez: Stumper on financials.
It cost big bucks to run a platform like this nothing is free.
Max

1 Like

Voted for this!! We so need this!

3 Likes

I agree in real life, advanced ground radar systems are pricy, but in the game it would be no different to the implementation of the hold pattern on the pilot’s map. it would readback the route, then illustrate the route to be taken on the taxiway diagram. I’m still confused as to how this would increase IF’s profits.

3 Likes

Yes I do believe it will increase the controllers workload on ground. However, ground control currently in IF is sometimes boring or even monotonous for some controllers (I am not speaking for all IFATC controllers). Most of the time, controllers will work both ground and tower at the same time to stay motivated. This PT adaptation addition to IF could make controlling ground much more interactive, fun, and exciting; even if that means not working tower at the same time!

4 Likes

I couldnt agree more, it would make ground control a much better experience

2 Likes

Bump, this feature has gone a bit dead. So I bring it back to life :)

5 Likes

This should definitely be in the game

2 Likes

You’ve got my vote on this. A very useful feature, and I hope it’s implemented!

2 Likes

I’m out of votes but definitely gonna vote for this when I have one free!

1 Like

A couple of reasons that get my vote

If this gets added into the game we can have named taxiways like A1
This will add more realism

1 Like

You got my vote. Especially with the new airport maps in 20.1 it will make the ground frequency so much more fun. Also it will add more realism.

3 Likes

That with the new update would be awesome

1 Like

I don’t think it is necessary to say “ turn left on to… turn right on to… straight ahead on to…” etc. I think it could just be “taxi to 27L via bravo, yankee, echo”. I have voted for this!

2 Likes

this is needed!!! Yesterday I was controlling KMIA and it was really hard to make sure everything runs smooth, due to a lot of taxiways. If I was able to establish some routes it would have been a better flow. Would be hard to use tho when it is busy, so maybe have some predefined routes? Or partially pre defined routes which you can click on the map.

1 Like

A little boost!

1 Like

Taxi to runway: pretty good. However controller can give a route that causes wings to clip if there are two 747s around
Taxi to terminal: pilots needs to be able to request gate. Otherwise realism goes down the drain. This would probably require the ability to lock a gate after landing so another aircraft doesn’t spawn in it.

3 Likes

oh my I really wanna see this!!

1 Like

Yes! This will make ground controlling so much easier and way more interesting!

1 Like

This would be amazing if pilots could use this to plan their taxi!

1 Like