Double tap to disengage the Autopilot (especially VS)

Hope u guys doing great.
Have u guys ever accidentally pressed the AUTOPILOT or VERTICAL SPEED function then the plane suddenly dropped or sink-rate? (Not talking about landing bc u do calibrate, normal descending procedure like…when ur phone or tablet on the table and u just wanna change some configurations)

I mean everytime I tried to be careful but it sadly happens…

So do u guys think will be great if they can add double press for disengage autopilot?
I mean really… I guess is much easier than others like rework some aircraft or fixing bugs.

Will be appreciate if u share ur thoughts

I think this is a good idea! I’ll have to look for a vote to remove, but it seems like a great way to add a safety feature to disabling autopilot.

EDIT: Voted!

20 Likes

Appreciate ur vote Sir!

1 Like

That’s a fantastic idea! As I always misplace my finger over the autopilot button, especially the altitude button!

4 Likes

Yeah! Then will be SINK RATE…PULL UP

1 Like

Great idea! I might have try to find a vote

1 Like

Just to clarify, you’d double tap the AP button, not just the screen, correct?

1 Like

That’s correct! xD And before it’s too late

19 Likes

I mean like, if ure just lying down and wanna change a bit vertical speed and if u accidentally tap one time it won’t disengage… u have to double quick press for disengage it, that’s what I wish developers could configure

1 Like

I understand, but as of now, if you double tap the screen it resets the view. You are proposing we double tap the autopilot button itself, right?

3 Likes

maybe set something up just the way they added the feature to the end flight button. “Are you sure you want to disengage AP” - or something along those lines. Definitely happened to me and unfortunately, i’ve had a few vio’s for my lack of awareness on this. I’ll admit lol. This gets my vote

3 Likes

Yeah like we usually do but just some bottoms double tap!

I have just voted! I hope this gets added soon! As it is SOOOOOOOO neded! =D

1 Like

vooooooted! And for people unsure, he means to double tap the Autopilot buttons.

2 Likes

This is a really good idea, this would definitely prevent ppl from accidentaly switching off the autopilot. You got my vote there xD

1 Like

This would be much appreciated! Voted!

2 Likes

@Allen_Lu… MaxSez, No Votes Allen, all mine are cooking with recent Features or I’d given 1 or 2. Overspeeds generated by the flackey present AP gives me heartburn. I’m on Another 7 day furlough and Grade lose thanks to that crankey bugger. There’s gotta be a better way. A Pox on the IF AP!

2 Likes

Nice feature request. You got 12 votes in an hour!

3 Likes

Make that 13! Voted. Done this too many times it’s almost embarrassing!

2 Likes

Hah I hope those dear developers will see my tiny request, as others like new plane or rework can do it a bit later

2 Likes