Double camera views

Hello IFC! 👋🏻

Today I have an interesting feature request that I think you might like! :D

This is the “double camera view”.

Why is it necessary?
This can be necessary in some cases if you would like to view a landing from say the wingview and the cockpit you could watch it from both angles at the same time! This can also be useful for people who make videos as they don’t have to edit two different views as they can just use this camera option and if they want to show landings in more ways then one without making the video longer! :)

How will it work?
This will work in the camera section there will be an option to use two camera angles and you can choose which position and size the camera angles can be, there will also be some presets such as half vertical, half horizontal, bottom left, bottom right. etc

Thanks for reading my topic, even though it was really small I hope it convinces you enough to vote for it! :)

See you in the skies :)

-TheInfiniteFlightGeek

I like this alot!
Voted!

2 Likes

This would actually be pretty cool. You have my vote!

3 Likes

It would be nice but they struggle to put 3D buildings and clouds… So 2 views, no. Sorry

2 Likes

This could be really cool. What if it worked kind of like picture in picture?

1 Like

How does this have to do with anything related to 3D modeling and weather effects? This could be a simple addition.

1 Like

2 views = 2 screen generators = 2x power requirement
The computer has to calculate 2 views. An other FS on mobile with clouds and 3D tells me it is impossible for them to have a second view on a cockpit screen because of limitations of the mobile. On their PC/Mac version it is OK, and they do it.

2 Likes

That doesn’t have to be the case. The smaller view could be scaled down in resolution.

1 Like

Scaled or not, it has to be calculated.

1 Like

So do multiple other things in the game. Very unlikely that it would require twice the power…

1 Like

I partially agree with @FrankLFRS - while I do like the idea - he is right this could cause performance issues.

1 Like

Ok, twice the power is to simplify.

1 Like

Nice idea! I don’t think this would be a great feature for in-flight as you would usually only be focusing on the cockpit whilst landing or taking off, you wouldn’t really need to have an external view then.
But this would be amazing for replay mode!

1 Like

Same, this is exactly what I ever wished for!

2 Likes

Yep, this was only meant for replay mode.

1 Like

Yes. Calculated in the way that it’s optimised to not use 2x the power of the device, I see your point though. The developers are adding very high poly aircraft to the game and devices managing to run it with fair ease now, so I doubt this’ll be hard to run.

1 Like

Thanks for the vote. :)

This seems very difficult to implement. I don’t see it as the best use of the devs time.

This would probably be difficult to mange both views at the same time.

1 Like

It’s only meant for replay mode.