Hello IFC! Today I am requesting the infamous “Dornier Do 228!”
First of all, I want to say that I made a new topic because the previous one, is really old, and has literally almost no information in it…
So First I wanna begin by saying why i think this should be added.
So I think that this aircraft would be a great add to the current turboprop group, which consists of
the lonely Dash-8. This aircraft is great for island hopping, and short routes, and mountain flights!
So here is some data:
The Dornier Do 228 is a twin-turboprop, utility aircraft, manufactured by Dornier. In the late 1970s, Dornier GmbH developed a new kind of wing, the TNT technology subsidized by the German Government. Dornier tested it on a modified Do 28 D-2 “Skyservant” and with Pratt & Whitney Canada T-110 turboprop engines. Finally, Dornier changed the engine and tested the new aircraft, which was named Do 128 with two Garrett AiResearch TPE-331engines.
The Dornier 228 is a twin-engine general purpose aircraft, capable of transporting up to 19 passengers or various cargoes. It is powered by a pair of Garrett TPE331 turboprop engines. The Do 228 is commonly classified as a (STOL)-capable aircraft, being capable of operating from rough runways and in hot climates, this capability has been largely attributed to the type’s supercritical wing which generates large amounts of lift at slow speeds.
The Do 228 is typically promoted for its versatility, low operational costs, and a high level of reliability – possessing a dispatch reliability of 99%. RUAG Aviation have claimed that no other aircraft in the same class may carry as much cargo or as many passengers over a comparable distance as fast as the Do 228 NG… The rectangular shape of the Do 228’s fuselage section and large side-loading doors make it particularly suitable for utility operators, which is a market that Dornier had targeted with the type from the onset.
Here is a list of the Dornier 228 operators:
- Aero VIP
- Agni Air
- Air Caraïbes
- Air Marshall Islands
- Air West Coast
- Alkan Air
- APSA Colombia
- Arcus Air
- Bighorn Airways
- Divi Divi Air]
- Dornier Aviation Nigeria]
- GAM Aviation
- German Aerospace Center
- Gorkha Airlines
- Inter Island Airways
- Island Aviation
- Jagson Airlines
- New Central Airlines
- Simrick Airlines
- Star Air Aviation
- Summit Air
- Tara Air]
- Vision Airlines
this aircraft features a 1-1 seat configuration. Perfect for short flights!
Here is how the cabin looks like:
Credit: Fly Camlnter
Here are the specs of this aircraft:
- Crew: two pilots
- Capacity: 19 passengers
- Payload 2040 kg (4497 lb)
- Length: 16.56 m (54 ft 4 in)
- Wingspan: 16.97 m (55 ft 8 in)
- Height: 4.86 m (15 ft 11 in)
- Wing area: 32.0 m² (344.3 sq ft)
- Airfoil: Do A-5
- Empty weight: 3,900 kg with 2 Pilots (8,598 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 6,575 kg (14,550 lb)
- Max. fuel: 1,885 kg (4,156 lb)
- Propellers: MT-Propeller. Five blade propeller
- Propeller diameter: 2500 mm 43 (98.4 inch)
here are the performance specs:
- Cruise speed: 223 kn (413 km/h) (max.)
- Stall speed: 74 kn (137 km/h) (min. control)
- Range: 214 nmi (396 km) (1,960 kg payload)
- Ferry range: 1,276 nmi (2,363 km) (547 kg payload)
- Endurance: 10 hours
- Service ceiling: 7620 m (25 000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 1,570 ft/min (8.0 m/s), single engine: 400 ft/min (2.0 m/s)
- Wing loading: 205.5 kg/m2 (42.1 lb/sq ft)
- Fuel consumption: 1.75 kg/Nm at 223 KIAS
- Take-off: 2,600 ft (790 m) (MTOW, ISA, SL)
- Landing: 1,480 ft (450 m) (MLW, ISA at SL)
So there you have it guys! The beautiful Dornier Do 228… I really would like this aircraft added in Infinite flight, and I’m sure others would too! Please make sure to vote, and have a nice day!
Ps, this topic is approved by a moderator.