Don't be like me

I want to first start off by saying that if you are flying, never be too confident like me. I made the unfortunate error in descending with VNAV but getting too distracted in helping fix my VA that I lost track of my flight and ended up with 3 speeding violations which does not help me whatsoever since this was 100% my fault and I should never have done something as negligent as that.

If there is anything I must say, if you are going to fly, make sure that you are focusing on the task at hand, and do not get distracted, because that is how you get violations and get kicked off the expert server if you let that happen too many times. Whilst I got off lucky that my prior reputation has been rather good, I jinxed myself in saying that today I will not get violations (well if I didn’t, you wouldn’t see me making this post about how to be a better pilot) but oh well, here we are. Guess I’ll learn from the errors in my way and hopefully I’ll be back to my Grade 5 sooner rather than later.

TL;DR : Don’t be like me, and multitask, because that’s just how you get violations.

32 Likes

Sorry mate I feel your pain. What I do if I may be distracted and have vnav engaged in the last few minutes I reduce my speed down to Mach 0.65 (242IAS)or thereabouts…that way if I go under 10K I remain safe from speed violations. I have only had one speed violation in over 5000 hours…it happened once and I told myself I will not let it happen again…on my watch. It is painful. Hang in there…I normally do touch and goes at a secluded scenic airport…my violation wound-licking therapy and it helps. 🙏

2 Likes

We have a small thing coming with 20.2 to help with this!

51 Likes

Ohhh that is happening to me many times .
😢😢😢😢

1 Like

Just one of those bad days. I flew 11 perfect long haul flights in the space of about 5 days prior to this and had gone about 53 days without a violation. But as these things do happen, the clock is back at 0, and I aim to make it longer than 53 days this time around.

2 Likes

Really .
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼.
You are doing amazing work.
✌🏻

2 Likes

Ooooooh. I’m interested!

2 Likes

What could this possibly be, I wonder

2 Likes

Hope that @MishaCamp updates the Official 20.2 Tracking thread with what they are doing about the over speeds.

3 Likes

I’m genuinely curious as to what could possibly be added on in 20.2

1 Like

The Official 20.2 Tracking Thread is used for updates with aircraft and occasionally relevant, requested items if they are being added (like the new locked free cam). Changes like the one mentioned by Misha would most likely simply be a Tweet or Instagram post, or maybe added onto a Tweet or post with other features included.

1 Like

Ok well misha put in the locked free cam in the tracking thread so I thought that maybe it would be added.

1 Like

Oop.

Very excited!

1 Like

Hmmmm… 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. It also happened to me several times, but luckily I didn’t get any violations. We all make mistakes but next time you won’t make these again. Good luck for getting Grade 5!

1 Like

I guess I’ll have to wait a week until the violation backlog clears and I get my Grade 5 back. Had it for a solid 7 weeks, just to throw it all away as I was busy trying to urgently get something sorted for a VA I am at. Guess I just have to be more careful in the future then.

1 Like