Done with populated regions

IF I really love you and I mean this to be beneficial and not knock on you, but I will not be flying on populated regions again, ever. Having been user of IF for 2+ years and spending well over $200 I really expected the rule system to work. Anyone on Training or casual can see the mess that it has become with people that not being courteous to other users and it has been reaching into the expert server. Now this isn’t a complaint or a result of just one bad experience on Expert. This is a culmination of months of having to deal with a decent amount of users with access to Expert not being able to follow community guidelines and not using common sense when on Live. I see on regions without ATC active or where ATC is active but not able to do anything because it is not within their airspace. Im sick and tired of having to be on short final and some moron thinking it’s alright to taxi onto the runway when I have been given clearance by approach and announce on Unicom that i am on final when they are holding short. I’m tired of seeing it happen to other guideline following users. I love being a part of the community, but every time in the last month that I have been apart of FNF or Turbulent Tuesdays I have had to legitimately report someone because of what the are doing. But the thing that pushes me over the edge is that nothing happens. No user ghosting when the person goes right through 5 people on the taxiway to takeoff without clearance. My frustration is that we as the community have failed to maintain Expert. ATC is limited to their location. As users who complain a lot about the behavior of others on Expert it doesnt seem like anyone knows that there is that little report button on the maps tab. FDS has not let us down, really it’s been the us the community. It’s all of us, me included. I’ve seen other community users post about their frustration with the joke that is the report button. But it seems that nothing works if no one else is holding other users to the high quality standards on Expert. There needs to be a real solution here, most of that being on us in the community and less on the Devs and staff. They are doing their job, we really aren’t doing ours. I really want this thread to not be a complaint of the system but a call to action that if there is a user not respecting other users on Expert or training that you hit the report button when you are able to safely do so in the air on on the ground. I hope that will be the solution that is needed. I hope that further solutions are presented and implemented. However, until one is implemented and begins to show progress I will not fly in any regions on Live that another user is flying in. the experience has soured.

19 Likes

I 100% agree. I flew on expert before the new do limit, and it was a mess. I can imagine your frustration. The problem is, we need a lot more Live mods, enough so that there can be many of them patrolling expert server regions at one time.

5 Likes

K, got it. 😌

4 Likes

Don’t worry bud you’ll be ok

3 Likes

This is only what I’ve been telling people to do when they continually complain. Good to see some common sense being exercised.

3 Likes

Who’s paying for that, champ?

Regions are soon to be extinct, too.

2 Likes

The devs don’t pay mods lol. They’re volunteers. They reallly are great.

1 Like

Well, you can’t really expect that much out of volunteers. Pretty similar to the IFATC situation.

Nothing’s free in a world where Compensation is key.

Well yeah, but make some active community members mods. It wouldn’t be that difficult.

I’d do it for a paid Live+ sub. Lol.

I can’t attest to how much time I’d actually dedicate to it but that’s the least I’d expect.

2 Likes

@KeDoG3 ,

I agree 100℅ with you Has an IFATC I’ve seen stuff happened on the expert server that shouldn’t happen: planes not following instructions and instead they follow their premade flight plan, users not knowing their left and right’s, landing without permission or taking off without permission, taxing through grass, and much more…This shouldn’t be happening and that’s the reason we ghost but trust me, the last thing an ATC wants to do is to ghost a pilot and make them ineligible to fly in the expert server for 7 days. We ghost because we have no other choice left and the pilot is disrupting the traffic. Every time I open a frequency at an airport, I’m just hoping that this session I won’t ghost anyone but it rarely happens. Devs can’t do much and IFATC are trying their best in ghosting users who are just trolling around and not obeying instructions. Hopefully, this problem would just be a thing of the past.

4 Likes

Well said Jon.

1 Like

@Jon oh don’t get me wrong IFATC is doing a wonderful job. When I’m within an active ATC airspace everyone is in line. It’s when ATC goes offline that hell spews out its finest.

2 Likes

I unfortunately have to agree with you @KeDoG3 :/ when I’m on Unicom on expert, rare does a time go by when some knuckleheaded grade 4 or 5 decides all of the sudden that I’m no longer on the runway and taxis into me on their takeoff role. When I Control, I see aircraft sticking to taxi lines and asking permission for everything (on a good day which happens not to often) however there is a huge difference when active IFATC are available and when Unicom is. Sometimes there is not much difference between TS1 and expert in unifatcstaffed regions. I feel your pain to the nth degree. And trust me I use that report button when I can.

Agree.

On a totally different note.
In the future, please separate your text when writing as long as this. It was like getting slapped in the face with a wall of text. My eyes hurt.

Good night :)

4 Likes

If they’re Grade 4 or 5, they’re not ‘knuckleheads’

1 Like

I personally think it’s fine to take a break for a little while. I think it’s healthy. And if you should return I’d be willing to bet it would feel fresh. IF is undeniably growing though and will continue to grow. It’ll just take time.

1 Like

Grade designation is just a number. I was demoted to grade two because of my lack of time to fly (can’t commit 1/2 hour blocks of time). I would suspect that I know a lot more than a lot of grade 4 and 5s.

3 Likes

Exactly why I love my empty regions - I only use the ‘live’ feature for the ‘real world’ weather (ie current winds).

The Training servers (and un-manned expert) are just aerial Mario kart. It’s absolute chaos. It’s chaos with a ‘K’… KAOS

1 Like

You’d be very surprised then some of the things that happen when you aren’t around. I see more issues with Grade 4 than I do with Grade 3 and I see more frustrating “whys” with Grade 5 then either. I’ve said it before and I’m not ashamed to repeat…XP does not a great pilot make.

1 Like